Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Victory Motorcycles

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 10:44 AM
Lopoetve
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by John R.
Dude, get out of your shell. HD isn't the only brand that has rallies man.
ROFL. No one else has them like we do. Goldwings don't count

Victory is barely a decade old. No tradition, no history, nothing fun to learn about or be involved in - just a snowmobile company that thought they could make money selling bikes too, and decided the cruiser pile was the best one to take a bite of. Have fun riding, but I'll still laugh at the company.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:46 AM
Lopoetve
Road Master

Originally Posted by John R.
What is toy-ish about it??
They look like two big blocks with no definition and a bunch of fake cooling fins slapped on. Just like a hotwheel motorcycle. They look like fake covers, not the actual engine, or at best like a water-cooled metric.

edit: It's not a bad engine, it just looks kinda silly, imo, especially with everything else filling in around the two cylinders.

Old 10-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hopefully the chain cam setup isn't as crazy loud/obnoxious as the '03 I test road on the new engines.. You could hear that thing zing at highway speeds.. dadgum annoying. Made me think with all that noise, there's gotta be a lot of internal wear going on. With few dealers and limited knowledge by the wrenches in the field. ie. CH-CHING!! $$$$$$

At least a yammie, kawa or honda has dealers everywhere who know the bikes.. be it a nice old pushrod or an OHC.

By the way, for anyone that wondered but didn't know.. The HUGE heads on the Vic engines are housing chain-drive overhead cams (4/cylinder).. Which is why the vic's engine is such a tall bulbous behemoth of a motor.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:21 PM
bluegrassboy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like victory's....loved the vision I rode....comfy and loved the power windshield......I even like the looks of it.......I don't plan on selling my fatboy anytime soon....but this thread is making me feel like I'm committing a sin because I like both Victory's and Harley's......don't see why some feel they must break down other brands to build up their brand.....

Old 10-01-2008, 02:00 PM
John R.
Banned

Originally Posted by Lopoetve
They look like two big blocks with no definition and a bunch of fake cooling fins slapped on. Just like a hotwheel motorcycle. They look like fake covers, not the actual engine, or at best like a water-cooled metric.

edit: It's not a bad engine, it just looks kinda silly, imo, especially with everything else filling in around the two cylinders.
Uhhh ok.

Old 10-01-2008, 02:02 PM
John R.
Banned

Originally Posted by bluegrassboy
I like victory's....loved the vision I rode....comfy and loved the power windshield......I even like the looks of it.......I don't plan on selling my fatboy anytime soon....but this thread is making me feel like I'm committing a sin because I like both Victory's and Harley's......don't see why some feel they must break down other brands to build up their brand.....
You hit it man. As far as I'm concerned, I would hope that if one American brand doesn't do it for you, the other would. I like them both and will probably have both in my garage for awhile.

Old 10-01-2008, 02:03 PM
bullseye
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Vision looks more like something George Jetson would ride today.

Old 10-01-2008, 02:12 PM
Slaps
Road Master

I've never seen one up close but I did not really like the way they looked on there website. Though if they make them like there snowmobiles I'm sure there very well made. Though I almost bought a V-star instead of the HD never even considered a Victory and probably could not afford one anyways.

Old 10-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Lopoetve
Road Master

Originally Posted by Babs
Hopefully the chain cam setup isn't as crazy loud/obnoxious as the '03 I test road on the new engines.. You could hear that thing zing at highway speeds.. dadgum annoying. Made me think with all that noise, there's gotta be a lot of internal wear going on. With few dealers and limited knowledge by the wrenches in the field. ie. CH-CHING!! $$$$$$

At least a yammie, kawa or honda has dealers everywhere who know the bikes.. be it a nice old pushrod or an OHC.

By the way, for anyone that wondered but didn't know.. The HUGE heads on the Vic engines are housing chain-drive overhead cams (4/cylinder).. Which is why the vic's engine is such a tall bulbous behemoth of a motor.
I had a feeling they weren't pushrod based. Never had a chance to check...

Old 10-01-2008, 04:36 PM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

I love all motorcycles myself,took a lot of crap from my friends for test riding a new V-Max at BBB in Ar.but lets face it,the Vision is just butt ugly,it looked better in the one I saw with all the crap stripped off it to show what was underneth all the funny crap they tacked on it.A turd is still a turd.

Quick Reply: Victory Motorcycles