Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Victory Motorcycles

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 07:16 AM
John R.
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JKK
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

At least Victory puts a recognizable logo on some of their bikes, most of the metrics out there look generic like they come "debadged" from the factory.

or maybe the owners do that to 'em

Half the people I work with including some automobile-knowledgeable men see a metric or a Victory and ask: is that a Harley? When I say no, they always ask: how can you tell?
I would tell them that I'm not a part time biker. I'm full time. I wanna know about everything I can about bikes. From Aprilia to Ural. I go to the Wheels Through Time Museum and drool over the old iron. Dripping oil, leaking gas and all. Same with true car guys. Doesn't matter if they drive a Porsche or Chevy. Either your a real car guy or not. I think everything mechanical is cool. Maybe that's why I'm an Operating Engineer. Gauges and gadgets and mechanisms. All cool stuff.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:37 AM
mike s
Stage II

Originally Posted by Lopoetve
Hey guys, I think we pissed off a Victory forum. Look, another 1 post person who has to try and justify their purchase.

Why is it you all are always so insecure?
Yep. You pegged it. I'm insecure and I need a bunch of wannabe tough guys to let me know I screwed up by NOT buying HD. Maybe had I found this place and started posting years ago, I might not be on my 4th Vic and I could've spent those last few years polishing my turd instead of riding 15,000+ miles each year.

BTW, wanna know why there aren't that many Vic dealers around? A Victory can go more than 100 miles without needing to stop for service or to have thier owners egos stroked! HA!!!

Old 10-01-2008, 08:42 AM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by schumacher
ok, everyone sing

Kum by ah, my lord, kum by ah Kum by ah, my lord, kum by ah Oh lord, kum by ah ... Oh lord, kum by ah......
.. I wanna have a beer with this guy. hehehehehehe

Old 10-01-2008, 09:02 AM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok.. So on speeeeeed.. I test rode a first version Vegas in 92" 5-speed. It was quicker than an 01 softail std in 88" with thunderslide and SE slip-ons. But, my bud left me in the curves as the softail just simply handled sooooooo much better.

I will say the dealer at the time though (back in '03.. no longer there.. shame) was really cool.. They wanted me ON that bike to test ride. "Here, take it out for the day.. we close at 5". So sure I took it out, found out it had a strong engine, an fair to ok transmission and shift mech, but floppy front forks and frame-flex that was just unacceptible, weird controls, not-so-well-finished.

It was at that point I realized it.. The big revelation. I had truly screwed up by selling off my old '90 heritage that leaked a drop here and there. Keeping primary fluid in the case was like containing the tax-code with a house and senate full of democrats and drunk republicans... BUT, the engine was strong as death and for a 13 year old bike, it handled like a champ.. BETTER than that brand new Vic.

Don't get me wrong.. I'm rooting for Victory.. But! I'm just not convinced they're there yet.

I say dump Ness's silly looking girlie designs, refine the old original no-frills V92C style beefy cruiser they started with. (yeah, when did Ness come out of the closet?). Also, make the frame stiff, the balance, suspension and forks right.. Make it love twisties and bumps and pull like a combine in the hills.

Make it thousands less than a Harley, get good solid dealer base and availability, and then I'll take a look.

... You know Vic Polaris probably reads these threads as they don't really have any forums of their own this big. Read this one.. Make it happen. We want another American bike.. Just not one quite as "lacey panties" and unsure of itself with noone around to sell them.

Put a Vegas next to a Fat Bob or std Softail or Sporty or whichever bike you like, then tell me which one guys want to ride to regain what's left of their dignity, manhood and independence after a grueling 40-60 hours a week of enduring listening to Bull from their ankle-biting customers and employers without b@#$%slapping everybody in arms length.

Can I get an amen?!? hehehehe

good coffee this morning. whoa!

Old 10-01-2008, 09:14 AM
killer scott
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I second the fact that the engines look toy-ish. They havn't made those plastic have they!?

Old 10-01-2008, 09:35 AM
Lopoetve
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mike s
Yep. You pegged it. I'm insecure and I need a bunch of wannabe tough guys to let me know I screwed up by NOT buying HD. Maybe had I found this place and started posting years ago, I might not be on my 4th Vic and I could've spent those last few years polishing my turd instead of riding 15,000+ miles each year.

BTW, wanna know why there aren't that many Vic dealers around? A Victory can go more than 100 miles without needing to stop for service or to have thier owners egos stroked! HA!!!
Not saying that at all, I just find it funny that a bunch of people with 1 post and a join date of today have to come post and defend their vehicle. If you didn't care, you wouldn't BE here.

Polish a turd? Ah, now the cheap insults start... Nothing is ever new.

Originally Posted by Bojo
Yeah, you're a pretty funny guy...just like your H-D. Funniest thing...I love leaving you clowns in my dust. Fun to give you a ration of ****, hope to see you in my rear view mirror sometime...you'll know me by the back of my head...BRRRRAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Yes, because speed is everything... And I bet you'd be more than a little surprised.

You're totally missing the point, silly kid. I'm sorry you didn't buy whatever it would take for you not to be here trying to compensate.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:38 AM
Lopoetve
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by John R.
Now this is getting funny.

A lifestyle??? What lifestyle??? I thought you bought a bike to have some fun. I didn't know you bought a lifestyle as well.

Tradition??? What tradition did I get when I got my HD's??

Recognition from bikers?? Do you actually care what others think of you???

The reason I bought HD's was simply that there were plenty of dealers around and a large aftermarket for them. That's it.
Some of us like tradition, like the sheer numbers of people that get together to have fun, etc. when's the last time Victory had a rally? Or the last time thousands of owners got together to just have fun?

And they REALLY need to make them look less like a hot-wheel toy.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:19 AM
John R.
Banned

Originally Posted by Babs
Ok.. So on speeeeeed.. I test rode a first version Vegas in 92" 5-speed. It was quicker than an 01 softail std in 88" with thunderslide and SE slip-ons. But, my bud left me in the curves as the softail just simply handled sooooooo much better.

I will say the dealer at the time though (back in '03.. no longer there.. shame) was really cool.. They wanted me ON that bike to test ride. "Here, take it out for the day.. we close at 5". So sure I took it out, found out it had a strong engine, an fair to ok transmission and shift mech, but floppy front forks and frame-flex that was just unacceptible, weird controls, not-so-well-finished.

It was at that point I realized it.. The big revelation. I had truly screwed up by selling off my old '90 heritage that leaked a drop here and there. Keeping primary fluid in the case was like containing the tax-code with a house and senate full of democrats and drunk republicans... BUT, the engine was strong as death and for a 13 year old bike, it handled like a champ.. BETTER than that brand new Vic.

Don't get me wrong.. I'm rooting for Victory.. But! I'm just not convinced they're there yet.

I say dump Ness's silly looking girlie designs, refine the old original no-frills V92C style beefy cruiser they started with. (yeah, when did Ness come out of the closet?). Also, make the frame stiff, the balance, suspension and forks right.. Make it love twisties and bumps and pull like a combine in the hills.

Make it thousands less than a Harley, get good solid dealer base and availability, and then I'll take a look.

... You know Vic Polaris probably reads these threads as they don't really have any forums of their own this big. Read this one.. Make it happen. We want another American bike.. Just not one quite as "lacey panties" and unsure of itself with noone around to sell them.

Put a Vegas next to a Fat Bob or std Softail or Sporty or whichever bike you like, then tell me which one guys want to ride to regain what's left of their dignity, manhood and independence after a grueling 40-60 hours a week of enduring listening to Bull from their ankle-biting customers and employers without b@#$%slapping everybody in arms length.

Can I get an amen?!? hehehehe

good coffee this morning. whoa!
Actually the Victory guys do have a pretty big site but there's a stupid rule here about posting other site so I can post it.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:20 AM
John R.
Banned

Originally Posted by Lopoetve
Some of us like tradition, like the sheer numbers of people that get together to have fun, etc. when's the last time Victory had a rally? Or the last time thousands of owners got together to just have fun?

And they REALLY need to make them look less like a hot-wheel toy.
Dude, get out of your shell. HD isn't the only brand that has rallies man.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:22 AM
John R.
Banned

Originally Posted by killer scott
I second the fact that the engines look toy-ish. They havn't made those plastic have they!?
What is toy-ish about it??

Quick Reply: Victory Motorcycles