General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is what it's all about.

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008 | 09:00 PM
murd
|
Road Warrior
Default This is what it's all about.

Great sunny weekend and rode a lot.

Today was special as I rode east on my favorite road. As I'm cruising along I look in my mirrors and see a mess of headlights converging on me. I find myself in the lead position with six Harleys in formation behind me. As we travel down the road together we are in perfect harmony. Rolling over hills in perfect lane positions, moving in single file as we roll up over a hill, switching back into formation as we complete our turns. I kept checking my mirrors and was really impressed with what was happening and I didn't know anyone behind me.

It came time for me to hang a right and head back home and as I did I raised my arm in the air and gave a thrust of my fist in thanks. Every six riders raised theirs as well and roared on past, with the guy behind me taking over lead position and everyone else swinging into place.

It was quite a "high" for me and although I'll never know or meet them they all felt like family.

That's why I ride a Harley.

Old 09-28-2008 | 09:03 PM
l.ray
Road Warrior

+++ 100000000000 l.ray

Old 09-28-2008 | 09:50 PM
ConnMan
Road Master

Originally Posted by murd
Great sunny weekend and rode a lot.

Today was special as I rode east on my favorite road. As I'm cruising along I look in my mirrors and see a mess of headlights converging on me. I find myself in the lead position with six Harleys in formation behind me. As we travel down the road together we are in perfect harmony. Rolling over hills in perfect lane positions, moving in single file as we roll up over a hill, switching back into formation as we complete our turns. I kept checking my mirrors and was really impressed with what was happening and I didn't know anyone behind me.

It came time for me to hang a right and head back home and as I did I raised my arm in the air and gave a thrust of my fist in thanks. Every six riders raised theirs as well and roared on past, with the guy behind me taking over lead position and everyone else swinging into place.

It was quite a "high" for me and although I'll never know or meet them they all felt like family...
They are.

Old 09-28-2008 | 09:58 PM
jbphoto
Road Warrior

Awesome feeling, isn't it! I remember the first time that happened to me. I felt like I was really somebody special. Your analogy that they felt like family is what it's all about. As ConnMan said, "They are."

Old 09-29-2008 | 06:53 AM
Fogoms
Road Captain

I'm glad you had a nice experience like that, thanx for sharing. Most times around here when I see a group of bikes come up behind me it's a bunch of crotch rockets trying to get past me. Hasn't happened yet with Harleys, probably won't.

Old 09-29-2008 | 07:12 AM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member

Riding up I-95 I had 2 drop in behind me. In my head I said "Then there were three"...Not long later another.. "Then there were 4". We got up to seven. As they dropped off I counted backwards... "Then there were 5"..."then there were 3"...etc till it was just me again. Happens alot.

Old 09-29-2008 | 07:18 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member

If someone has to ask, they just wouldn't understand...

Old 09-29-2008 | 09:07 AM
Mad Mike
Road Master

Somebody needs to forward this thread to that troll homerandpooh but I'm not sure he'd get the message

Old 09-29-2008 | 09:14 AM
forever 2 wheels
Road Master
Thumbs up

Nice. How was breakfast?

Old 09-29-2008 | 09:20 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member

"amen"

Quick Reply: This is what it's all about.