Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The last thing you said...

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 09:57 AM
SteveB FLH
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sometimes we "take for granted" the people that mean the most to us. In my younger days it was always Hurry-up and go......Now it is a true statement..."With age comes wisdom"....I think it also gives you a perspective on life and what is "really" important to each one of us. After seeing my father, who had alzheimers and parkinsons disease, slowly worsen to a point he could no longer be taken care of at home by my mom, I began to realize just how precious life is. After his passing with his family at his bedside, the immediate family grew closer. I guess the older I get the more I am TRULY THANKFUL AND VERY BLESSED to have lived the life I have lived and have the wonderful wife and kids. And I guess above all I have Faith in the Lord.

Old 09-26-2008, 10:04 AM
bazam9s
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great Thread MidNite....I have 4 children, 2 years and 6 years that live with me and 18 years and 20 years that are in college. I talk to them everyday and tell them that I love them. I try never to let a day pass that I don't. I've seen too many parents in despair who have lost a child and wished that they've could have done more to let them know that they are the most important ones in their life. My wife and I have been through a lot and do the same. Sometimes we fight over the most meaningless of things but always go to bed telling each other we love you. Never go to sleep angry or without saying your sorry or I love you....tomorrow may never come...you'll never get another chance.

Old 09-26-2008, 10:05 AM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn, now I feel guilty as hell... Wife and I had a few words this morning...

One year ago this past August my MIL and FIL were out at dinner with friends for their usual Friday night get together. They noticed her mouth was drawn and she was drooling. By Wednesday she was gone.

Last July my FIL who was on blood thinners fell and bumped his head. Four and 1/2 hours later he was gone.

Both of these were totally unexpected and we were not able to say goodbye....

I'm calling my wife now..........

Old 09-26-2008, 11:00 AM
gs34doc
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 895 Likes on 633 Posts

Our hold on this earth is a very tenuous thing. One can never say for certain when that time here may end.
Good post MidNite, and lots of good responses.
Hard to get into the habit of doing these things, but well worth the effort.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:15 AM
WildBill_50
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

WOW! What a great thread! Thanks Midnite and everyone else about your experiences.

This morning out of the blue I decided to take a few minutes and call my wife just to tell her how much I love her and to thank her for all that she does for me. This was before I read this thread I sure am glad I made that call!

Each morning before I leave for work I kiss her, even though she may still be asleep just so that she know if something should happen the last thing I did before I left is I kissed her good by.

Thanks!

Old 09-26-2008, 11:19 AM
jarhead45
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

best post

Old 09-26-2008, 04:03 PM
SteveB FLH
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump .....this thread too good to get lost

Old 09-26-2008, 10:30 PM
JacktheBagger
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Great post

Old 09-27-2008, 03:32 AM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Thanks to all the people who said "Thanks".

From the movie, Final Destination;
"We say that the hour of death cannot be forecast. But when we say this, we imagine that the hour is placed in an obscure and distant future. It never occurs to us that it has any connection with the day already begun, or that death could arrive this same afternoon — this afternoon which is so certain, and which has every hour filled in advance."

Old 09-27-2008, 04:06 AM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts

Thanks to you all. Really gets you thinking!

Quick Reply: The last thing you said...