General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycle Value Program - MVP

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008 | 06:53 AM
bikerdude1903
|
Advanced
Default Motorcycle Value Program - MVP

My local dealer is getting into the Motorcycle Value Program. This is where you join with a lifetime membership fee and get at least 11% discount on anything you buy, except bikes and labor. The discount amount can go to 15% depending on how many points you earn. Does anyone out there belong to a MVP program and how is it working out for you? Would you recommend it to others or even do it again yourself? Let me know what you think.

Old 09-24-2008 | 06:58 AM
ga.mason
Cruiser

I live in Snellville Ga and have been a member for 3 years. The points add up fast if you remember to sign up for them at the sponsored events. I like it. Its a true 11% off because on sales they usually run the price up then give you the discount. The girl that handles it is really cool and easy to get along with. And good looking to boot!

Old 09-24-2008 | 07:02 AM
Wecroft
Outstanding HDF Member

I joined at my dealer and have come to see it as just another way to get you through their doors to spend more money, and pay for the privilege. You have to lay out some serious cash to reach the 15% level. At the everyday 11% level, I can wait for seasonal sales at the other local dealers and save as much as 30%. Hell, at one dealer you can get 15% just for being a Firefighter or Cop.

Old 09-24-2008 | 07:16 AM
cadman311
Club Member

I live in baltimore I have MVP gold it's nice if you brake down they will come and get you if there somebody around. And in the winter time you can drop your bike off and get a service bike to ride till it fix. Bad thing they don't have very many of those bikes to use so in good weather the plan dose not work. And that is the same with them picking up your bike. Baltimore harley told me in June they would pick up mine bike when they are not busy. It's now september they have not call for the pickup as of yet.

I do like 15% discount and it's not good with any other discount. And that is not right.

We are having one of the the two party for the member this week. Sometime the party are a good time and other times it's with you make it.

Old 09-24-2008 | 07:41 AM
bullseye
Road Captain

My dealer here in Chattanooga gives you 10% for belonging to the local HOG group, well worth the $25 per year for me.

Old 09-24-2008 | 07:58 AM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member

I've managed to go for almost 4 years now without going inside a Harley dealership. I've ordered some parts online at good discounts and my indy gets parts if we need them.

Right now I need the speedo/turn signal cancel pickup for the Deuce and I'm going to order it online today.

I bought a new 2005 Heritage and it didn't go so well with the dealer. Sold the bike recently. I swore I'd never go back.

Besides, why would I need a $500 chinese crap jacket or something?

I do and always will love my Harleys, but dealers?

Old 09-24-2008 | 08:22 AM
dobeman21
Cruiser

Where it comes in handy is when you need some major service work done. For example, I will be having about about $1500 worth of work done over the winter and will get all the parts with at least 11% off. I will also get to store my bike at the dealership over the winter for free. So, the one time fee of $45 is well worth it in some cases. In other cases such as buying clothes or other accessories, just get on here, ebay, etc. But for those parts that are really hard to find, it will pay off. And twice each year my dealer has a sale where MVP members get 20% off everything.

Old 09-24-2008 | 09:50 AM
cadman311
Club Member

I like it for tires, oil, filters and other HD parts. 15% can add up fast. I have looked around pricing tires for my bike and with 15% off and just walk in to buy one better. I ride about 20k + per year so add that up in tires and oil that a good deal. 2 points per 1,000 miles and go to the parties you don't to make up many piont to stay a MVP Gold member.

Old 09-24-2008 | 09:56 AM
cadman311
Club Member

There are alot dealer programs that do the same thing in different ways. Check with every dealership and check out there game for discounts.

Old 09-24-2008 | 10:01 AM
Healey2Harley
Road Master

Our dealer offer 10% with HOG also, $20.00.

Quick Reply: Motorcycle Value Program - MVP