General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tampa Bikefest

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 12:53 AM
Seawolf
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tampa Bikefest

Anyone else go to the Tampa Bikefest this past weekend? and your thoughts.

I went with members of my MC and to be honest i was not impressed whatsoever. I've seen more vendors and activities at the local bike nights. After walking around for 20 minutes everything started to look the same and the bikes were all the same bikes I see at every show. Russel Mitchel and Chica were there- woopdeedoo (Although Chica is pretty cool "I have vision" lol)

Just curious if anyone else in my area (TampaBay) went and what you guys thought.

Oh and where the hell were the chics? it was a freakin meat market.[:'(]
I'm getting to the point where I'm not going to go to these stupid shows and just stick to local bike nights and big events like Daytona,etc.

Old 03-30-2006, 10:02 PM
jkoch09ultra
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tampa Bikefest

My wife and I went. Was not worth the $15.00 each. I went last night to the Quaker Stake and Lube bike night in Clearwater. There were better bikes and people. I won't waste my time anymore with the Tampa bike show. I won't miss Bike Week at Daytona or Biketober fest again. Went to my first this month. Only went for the day but had a great time.

Old 03-31-2006, 12:12 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,447 Likes on 2,596 Posts

went sat afternoon and thought the parking lot had better bikes in it than the show. the bikes inside were nice but you can't ride the things. Vendors or lack of offered little. Plant City will be good sat night with this weather we're havin. Been out every nite this week. Love springtime in cental fl.

Old 03-31-2006, 05:56 AM
Xocjm
Tourer

I moved from Tampa to Germany (Military Wife) last August so I didn't go this year but I did the last couple and never was very impressed. Bike night's around the bay area are more fun in my opinion. Michael

Old 03-31-2006, 09:25 AM
nightrider54
Tourer

I went on Saturday and was less than impressed myself. Heck, the Leesburg Bikefest beats that one all to pieces and does not cost anything!!! Quaker Steak and Lube is one of my favorite local bike nights.

don

Old 03-31-2006, 09:47 AM
fl_799
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Is Leesburg this weekend or next weekend?

Old 03-31-2006, 10:37 AM
thesmithiz
Cruiser

makes me glad I opted for a ride to Sugarloaf Mt. (hill) Saturday and decided to hang at home Sunday, it's always nice to find out you didn't miss anything. So where are all you Tampa Bay folks from, I live in Odessa and travel tons for work so my riding is usually weekends with the local HOG Chapter and afternoon or evening quick calming rides.

Old 03-31-2006, 10:58 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,447 Likes on 2,596 Posts

I live in Flowery Branch,Ga. but working in Tampa till Nov. Been meaning to get to Quaker State night jkoch think I'll try this week. I got an 05 black cherry Nighttrain Ga. tag on it.Let me know if you're gonna make it this week.

Old 03-31-2006, 09:22 PM
akhddeluxe
Cruiser

hey tampa folks, kevin here from alaska. i know this is off the subject but i really need your help do any of you know where i can get a good price on an enclosed trailer there in the tampa area? my son is down there working for the winter ( ya i know tampa in the winter then alaska in the summer where did i go wrong ) but his friend bought a sportster there and my 05 deluxe is in mississippi. so i want to buy a trailer and he is going to tow both of the back to alaska. i have been in the internet but its so hard to find a good reputable dealer with good pricing thought you all might be able to help a guy out here. im looking for a 7' or 8' wide and atleast 14' long. thanks

Old 04-01-2006, 12:13 AM
T Tommyt
Road Warrior

Odell on Ulmerton Rd Largo
ORIGINAL: akhddeluxe

hey tampa folks, kevin here from alaska. i know this is off the subject but i really need your help do any of you know where i can get a good price on an enclosed trailer there in the tampa area? my son is down there working for the winter ( ya i know tampa in the winter then alaska in the summer where did i go wrong ) but his friend bought a sportster there and my 05 deluxe is in mississippi. so i want to buy a trailer and he is going to tow both of the back to alaska. i have been in the internet but its so hard to find a good reputable dealer with good pricing thought you all might be able to help a guy out here. im looking for a 7' or 8' wide and atleast 14' long. thanks

Quick Reply: Tampa Bikefest