General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Premium Gas In Charlotte

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 07:57 AM
TideRKC
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ike didn't cause damage but it did cause a slow down due to loss of power and water to refineries.

The real problem was the fear that there would be a shortage causing a run on gas that created a shortage.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:05 AM
TequilaJohn
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of my wife's girlfriends called last night...her parents are stranded in Black Mountain, NC...no gas...or so they claim. Back a couple weeks or so ago...when prices spiked over five bucks a gallon here in East TN...an investigative reporter went out to check on the so-called gas shortage. He pulled into one of the stations with the highest prices. They had half of their pumps "bagged" with signs sayin outta gas. He pulled up to one of the "bagged" pumps, and tried it anyways...filled his car up with it. It was one of the Pilot stations. They're now under investigation for gouging. I call BS on some of this shortage stuff...maybe not all of it, but Pilot appears to be falsely claiming "fuel shortages" to justify uppin their prices.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:18 AM
thomaskray
Road Master

Originally Posted by TequilaJohn
One of my wife's girlfriends called last night...her parents are stranded in Black Mountain, NC...no gas...or so they claim. Back a couple weeks or so ago...when prices spiked over five bucks a gallon here in East TN...an investigative reporter went out to check on the so-called gas shortage. He pulled into one of the stations with the highest prices. They had half of their pumps "bagged" with signs sayin outta gas. He pulled up to one of the "bagged" pumps, and tried it anyways...filled his car up with it. It was one of the Pilot stations. They're now under investigation for gouging. I call BS on some of this shortage stuff...maybe not all of it, but Pilot appears to be falsely claiming "fuel shortages" to justify uppin their prices.
Agreed... it's all a scam by the oil companies.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:13 AM
karz10
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I was on a pump last night, after passing several stations w/ no gas, went to an exxon that had reg posted for 3.85, pump said 3.94 when I swiped my card, I thought maybe credit is diff price, so redid it as debit, still the same thing. It was after midnight, there were no other stations around, as previously mentioned, and didnt' want to risk having to wait in lines somewhere next day, and I was in a 12 Mpg vehicle on E, so I figured what choice do I have, need to get gas....

So, while I'm filling up, a guy goes one pump over and opposite side, I'm commenting on the bs regarding the mismatched price, he says his price matches what's on sign 3.85, so I went over to look, and sure enough, he's getting charged 3.85.

I go inside, ask the lady about it, says she doesn't program the pumps, I need to talk to the manager, yadda yadda

I go outside, start filming w/ camera phone the price on the sign, the price on my pump, and go back over to the other pump, it's now changed to 3.94 also. I figured I better leave before a confrontation ensues, and I'll just report em.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:27 AM
rickoshay45
Road Master

I don't know what's going on. We are having no problems in Florida. We get our gas from Tampa. I have read reports that some of the shortage is being caused by people belieiving rumors and making them a self fulfilling prophecy.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:11 PM
SunRa73
Advanced

Originally Posted by TequilaJohn
It's no scam, there really isn't gas anywhere around here. It's making national news.
I'll be going to E. Tn later today to get gas for the bike.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:01 PM
M.PRUCINSKY
Elite HDF Member

No shortage here but if all the talk of one continues......there will be. Always keep a small bottle of "special" juice on the bike in case I cant find what she needs.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:06 PM
midlife rider
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I live in Charlotte also. Buddy of mine went to H-D Charlotte and Cycle Gear in Matthews looking for octane boost, sold out... LONG lines at the few stations that have gas, more stores closed than open right now.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:08 PM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The gas pipe line to Baltimore working great prices are starting to go down again.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:14 PM
EastSideBikerTrash
Road Captain

Try finding it here in Houston now that Ike has passed through <grin>!

Quick Reply: No Premium Gas In Charlotte