General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First time TRAILERING QUEEN

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 06:41 PM
HOTLAP
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

Good for you, I have been doing it for years.
Two weeks vacation camping with the wife & kids is great fun, but two weeks vacation camping with the wife & kids AND taking some short rides in a new location is sooo much better.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:46 PM
Lyfer
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My vacations are built around how many days we can ride. Not how many days we can be at a place. So trailering just doesn't fit in with our style.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:54 PM
GlennA
Cruiser

It depends on the destination and how much time off I have. Since my RK won't tow my motorhome, sometimes I tow the RK. My wife and I can drive through the night in the motorhome. I'm not interested in driving through the night dodging bambi on the RK. Just my .02.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:20 PM
PastorTom
Elite HDF Member

I don't do any trips anymore..Can't..I have one lung, Arthritus so bad there are days I can barely brush my teeth without shaking from the pain, Broke my back years ago, Older I get the more fits it gives me.. and Im well into my 50's.. I should have had both knees replaced already, I'm waiten till I can't walk so I can do them both at once because my insurance won't pay for it..I get cortisone every 6 months to keep workin..I can do about 150 or so miles then I'm done for a couple days.. In the last 35 years I have put more miles on my scooters then most people do on there cages.. I still ride everyday from the time the salt is washed off the road till the roads freeze again the next winter.. Don't own a trailer.. I would if I could afford one.. I hear it all the time from the self proclaimed "real" bikers who figure if I can't ride it there then I'm a pu$$y... If I don't do a week of 800 mile days.. If ya can't ride it sell it..yadda yadda yadda...I hear that crap and wish one of those yappin could spend 15 minutes in this body....Then talk about riden.. said it before and I'll say it again.. Lots of people real quick to talk about what a "Real" biker is.. Truth is.. it's about attitude.. and trashin on a guy who does the best he can to put his leg over his scooter and ride.. No matter how short the ride is..
Aint It...
Blessings
PT

Old 09-22-2008, 07:46 PM
Deepsouth251
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CrawdadAZ
And then there's the guys who blame it on their wife......... sheesh.

J/K I own a Kendon myself.
Hey *******, she's had cancer twice and now has an enlarged liver due to all the radiation treatment, along with diabetes and "SHE STILL RIDES" Somehow I feel your uncaring and inconsiderate comments convinces me you could never do it like she does it. Your *** would be piled up in your lazy boy waiting to die. For all the rest of you please excuse my directness.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:52 PM
laz
Extreme HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 9,622 Likes on 3,437 Posts

Originally Posted by Deepsouth251
Hey *******, she's had cancer twice and now has an enlarged liver due to all the radiation treatment, along with diabetes and "SHE STILL RIDES" Somehow I feel your uncaring and inconsiderate comments convinces me you could never do it like she does it. Your *** would be piled up in your lazy boy waiting to die. For all the rest of you please excuse my directness.
Easy, bro. He wasn't talking about you or your wife, and I'm sure he doesn't know either of you. "J/K" means "Just Kidding". But on the serious side, very best wishes for your wife's health and lots more time together on the bike.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:03 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,256 Likes on 4,783 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueNoser
I know I know If you see my bike on a trailer call 911 it's been stolen, welcome to trailer week, yada,yada, yada.

I was invited to go away for the weekend with my buddy in his new 5th wheel toy hauler. He wanted to see how it would haul with two bikes and all our gear. The trip was great, I felt a little weird when bikes passed us and wondered what they were thinking. One HD passing us looked over at us in disgust, shook his head and blasted away. It got me to thinking, he had no idea who I am, no idea how much I ride or have ridden, and no idea why I am trailering. Yes it's true [I] have been that person and I may have to rethink my attitude.
We are trailering to Sturgis next year (usually I ride). it is a 5-6 day trip each way from home (Nova Scotia Canada), we figure two days each way driving straight through with the trailer gives us an extra 6 days there, We only got 3 weeks for whole trip, and I would rather spend my time riding there than running down the interstate. Trailering has its time and place just wondering what you think.
Not knockin UR idea but the last (only) time I went to Sturgis I spent 3 weeks getting there and enjoyed the trip there as much as I did the time spent at the rally (only rode about 400 miles the whole week I was there). You don't have as much time as I did but don't loose sight of why you bought the bike in the first place...To ride it?

Old 09-22-2008, 08:14 PM
CrawdadAZ
Road Master

Originally Posted by Deepsouth251

Just sayin' sorry...........

Last edited by CrawdadAZ; 10-06-2008 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Grammer
Old 09-22-2008, 08:47 PM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 216 Likes on 102 Posts

Ok guys, Just shake and walk away. Keep it friendly.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:50 PM
CrawdadAZ
Road Master

OK........ we're good.

Anyone wanna share pictures of their "***** wagons" (trailers)?

J/K

Quick Reply: First time TRAILERING QUEEN