General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is lane-splitting OK in Oklahoma ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 01:08 AM
E.Richardson
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sooner born and Sooner bred... you know the rest. I don't see too many people splitting lanes but then again anywhere I ride around OKC or when I go down to Norman for the game. Actually I enjoy watching Boomer Sooner games on the 60" HD -- that and our company didn't renew the suites we had

Living in Edmond and they just grooved May Ave. north of Memorial on the way to my house... talk about squirrely... it was a trip. Now, I shoot out west on 150th to get to Portland.

Anyone ride up north, let me know.

Last edited by E.Richardson; 09-24-2008 at 01:10 AM.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:09 AM
Uncle Scrooge
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have just one more thing to say--ride 'em Cowboys!!!

Old 09-24-2008, 06:36 AM
BadBobOk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by edilgdaor
Uh, oh. I now have an OU shirt.

They had a blood drive here, and they were giving donors a choice of either an OU or an OSU shirt. When they asked me what shirt I wanted, I asked them if they had any shirts from a school in California. Damn, I shouldn't have asked them that when they had a needle in my arm.

But I have an OU shirt. Just like everyone else in town. I also have a HUGE bruise around where the needle was. I'll keep my mouth shut next time. They take their football seriously here. I think if I'd asked if they had a USC shirt, I'd be dead or in a hospital now.
Now that you have your shirt, you might as well go to the game this weekend. Our current coach, Bob Stoops, is 55-2 at home. We're playing TCU this weekend which is one of only two teams to ever beat him at home. The crowd is going to be hostile to say the least. I think you would enjoy the experience of big time college football whether or not you're an OU fan. Of course, I could be prejudiced. I'm an OU graduate, my wife is an OU graduate, my son is currently attending OU, two of our cars are Crimson and Cream and we live in Norman.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:18 PM
edilgdaor
Banned
Received 6,609 Likes on 3,879 Posts

Originally Posted by BadBobOk
Now that you have your shirt, you might as well go to the game this weekend.
Well, the shirt was free. I think tickets will cost a little bit more that that.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:31 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Well, the shirt was free. I think tickets will cost a little bit more that that.
Not as bad as you might think. Personally, I enjoy the game better when I can relax at home and watch it on the tube.

But, there's nothing like the atmosphere around the stadium on game day. Great tailgates too!

**Advise** Don't wear a USC shirt. LOL

Old 09-24-2008, 02:25 PM
edilgdaor
Banned

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
Not as bad as you might think. Personally, I enjoy the game better when I can relax at home and watch it on the tube.

But, there's nothing like the atmosphere around the stadium on game day. Great tailgates too!

**Advise** Don't wear a USC shirt. LOL
I saw someone wearing a USC shirt a few days ago in our 'hotel'. I admired her courage. I am not that brave, and I hope I'm smarter than that.

Plus, one of my favorite college football teams is whoever happens to be playing USC next.

You're right, I can watch football on TV any time. Being there is different. When I first found out I was sentenced to being here, one of the first things I checked into was ticket prices for an OU game, and when I saw the prices I lost interest.

Are there scalpers around the game ? Or what's the best way to find cheap tickets ?

Old 09-24-2008, 03:26 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I saw someone wearing a USC shirt a few days ago in our 'hotel'. I admired her courage. I am not that brave, and I hope I'm smarter than that.

Plus, one of my favorite college football teams is whoever happens to be playing USC next.

You're right, I can watch football on TV any time. Being there is different. When I first found out I was sentenced to being here, one of the first things I checked into was ticket prices for an OU game, and when I saw the prices I lost interest.

Are there scalpers around the game ? Or what's the best way to find cheap tickets ?

Scalpers? Don't waste your time. The last time I tried to buy a ticket, the scalpers wanted about 3 times what it would cost regularly.

Last time I was at a game, I think I paid $50.00 for a ticket. Decent seat near the field, at about the goal line. Thought that was pretty reasonable. If I lived in Norman, I'd be there every Saturday. Then go home and watch it on cable once the game starts.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:55 PM
Nickpisp
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BadBobOk
I'm an OU graduate, my wife is an OU graduate, my son is currently attending OU, two of our cars are Crimson and Cream and we live in Norman.

You sir, are a great man.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:22 AM
edilgdaor
Banned

There sure are alot of happy people here in Norman tonight.