General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ladies......what to do with helmet hair?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 08:53 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Trish with that long, lovely blonde hair of yours, bet you will look great in a scarf and braids beneath your helment. Go for it.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:24 AM
LAMing
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay... this thread has gone long enough without getting to the real specifics.

Ladies, we can't offer input without pictures. Lots of pictures.

We need:

To see your hair before a "ride".
To see your after a "ride".
Before and after without bra.
Before and after front/behind pics.
Etc, etc.

Pictures. Think pictures.

Andre Ming
Eastern Ok

Old 09-21-2008, 11:28 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 297 Likes on 177 Posts

Ladies, in my opinion you all look great helmet hair or not. The big smiles and happy eyes far outshine a small bit of imperfect hair. People that don't ride may not understand. So what. We love you all just the way you are.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:35 AM
1200babe
Tourer
Default helmet hair

I think just the fact that we have taken conrol of the handlebars and enjoy riding our own machines means we should really get over worrying about what people think about our hair. So what- I think of helmet hair as a badge of honor. I usually braid mine and just leave it that way- why take it down and brush it out at the destination? I guess I am not that vain. I love riding so much that worrying about my hair simply has no place in my life.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:46 AM
Softail Girl
Road Master

I only look at my hair when I come home at night and brush my teeth! And then I'm shocked and swear that next time, I will do something with it. But the next day, I'm out riding having fun and I forget again.
I don't think anybody notices anyway besides the "cagers" and even nice hair won't make a good impression on them. So forget about it and ride.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:00 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 1200babe
I think just the fact that we have taken conrol of the handlebars and enjoy riding our own machines means we should really get over worrying about what people think about our hair. So what- I think of helmet hair as a badge of honor. I usually braid mine and just leave it that way- why take it down and brush it out at the destination? I guess I am not that vain. I love riding so much that worrying about my hair simply has no place in my life.
Because sometimes it's nice to walk around with your hair down instead of done up in braids constantly. Don't know about yours, but my long braids do catch on things like patches, velcro, snaps, earrings, etc. So sometimes it is nice to be out and not have it in braids constantly for a change and has nothing at all to do with vanity.

Last edited by GeorgiaGirl; 09-22-2008 at 10:23 AM.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:34 AM
08HSTC
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Lady puts on one of those tennis-type, H-D hats when we stop riding. Her hair is a little shorter than you wear yours. She "fluffs" it up when we're not riding so she worried about the "helmet hair" all the time too. The hat seems to be a decent compromise between her love for riding and worrying about her hair. But I'm sure it won't be long before she finds something else to worry about. You know how you all are!!!

Old 09-22-2008, 03:46 PM
JacktheBagger
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Hey at least they're nagging about sumpthin'

If they werent nagging , it'd be time to worry

Old 09-22-2008, 04:15 PM
CrawdadAZ
Road Master

If we're careful........ use of my "helmet" won't leave any signs of being used.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:35 PM
tano01
Road Captain

The biker hair look is a good look...if you go someplace after a ride where they expect you to look like a beauty queen, then you're riding to the wrong place.

Quick Reply: Ladies......what to do with helmet hair?