Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ladies......what to do with helmet hair?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 11:36 PM
girlster8015
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put mine in a ponytail to keep from tangling. Take that out when we stop and put my sunglasses on my head, so it kind of covers the flattened out spots in the front.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:40 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 297 Likes on 177 Posts

After much research ladies I have possibly stumbled on the solution for "helmet hair". First forget the bra. Second wear a really thin t-shirt (preferably white) and find some way to get all wet. After the aforementioned process, few will even notice if you have a head at all much less what your hair looks like.

Old 09-20-2008, 12:36 AM
murd
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the disheveled look.

Old 09-20-2008, 01:02 AM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

My wife's hair is between the middle of her back and waist length, depending on how long it's been since her last haircut. She puts it in a pony tail with one rubber band near the top, and another near the bottom. Then she tucks that into her jacket. In my sig pic, we had been riding all day prior to taking that pic.

Old 09-20-2008, 03:24 AM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhonda
I have been asking the same question since 2001!! I've not come up with anything yet. I look horrible in a doo rag...some women look great in them, I don't think I do. Even my own, sweet, youngest daughter always looks at me in horror after a days ride. So....look at my sig pic and you will see the only thing I know to do, and that's slap a cap on it. I don't really like that either, but what the heck else? If you come up with anything, let me know.

This is what mine looks like without helmet head.....now how do you think it looks WITH the helmet head!! haha!!
Easy.

Dye your hair black. Spray a whole can of hairspray on it and shape it like a helmet. Stick a DOT sticker from ebay on the back of it. That will last you for about a week and then do it over.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:31 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by nytryder
After much research ladies I have possibly stumbled on the solution for "helmet hair". First forget the bra. Second wear a really thin t-shirt (preferably white) and find some way to get all wet. After the aforementioned process, few will even notice if you have a head at all much less what your hair looks like.
+1

Old 09-20-2008, 03:47 PM
HDBRATT
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhonda
I have been asking the same question since 2001!! I've not come up with anything yet. I look horrible in a doo rag...some women look great in them, I don't think I do. Even my own, sweet, youngest daughter always looks at me in horror after a days ride. So....look at my sig pic and you will see the only thing I know to do, and that's slap a cap on it. I don't really like that either, but what the heck else? If you come up with anything, let me know.

This is what mine looks like without helmet head.....now how do you think it looks WITH the helmet head!! haha!!
Rhonda,

I think you can totoally pull of the cap. I thought you looked great wearing a cap. And If I find something I will let ya know

Old 09-20-2008, 04:01 PM
HDBRATT
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Gumby ~~ you are too funny.
And Georgia Girl~~ I love your hair in your sig page. I think it looks great braided! I think I will try the doo rag and braid. I wish I knew how to french braid.

And NYtryder~~~too funny.
Girlster8015~~ good idea about when you stop take it out of the braid or pony tail and use sunglasses to hide the flat spot! I will try that one too.

Don't they make something that you put over your head that cuts down on the helmet hair...or is that the doo rag?

Thanks everyone.

Old 09-20-2008, 10:27 PM
girlster8015
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trish, I don't think they can make anything like that, it's the pressure of the helmet flattenening the hair to your head, not much you can do about that unless you live in a helmet optional state.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:04 AM
JacktheBagger
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Flawda is a no skid lid state ..

Quick Reply: Ladies......what to do with helmet hair?