General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you share motorcycling with someone else?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 12:23 PM
Rhonda
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Do you share motorcycling with someone else?

I almost asked the question this way, "Men do you share motorcycling with your woman?" But I thought better of that. We do have a few of us women on the forum too. So I'd like to know if you share motorcycling with that special person in your life.

My husband and I started motorcycling together. Years ago, my husband planted the seed, but we were just too busy trying to raise our girls to be able to do it and money was tight. Then after I turned 40 and my girls started getting bigger, riding started looking VERY appealing to me. We had arrived at a time when we could comfortably do it and and so we did it.

We started out 2 up together and the majority of those rides have been together. Now I ride my own. The whole world is out there filled with black top...the black top connects us to so many places of adventure. And I have to tell you, riding with your partner is one heck of a romantic thing. Though I know you guys can't say that word..... But it is, you have to admit. I sometimes ride on my own and I really enjoy it. He also rides on his own while I'm at work or whatever and it's all good. But it's mostly a together thing.

Adventure, adventure. That's the spice of our life and riding our bikes mixes adventure with a really good relationship. One of the BEST things we have EVER done!! I can't imagine life without it.

So...do you share riding with someone special? I just like to know these kind of things. Tell me all about it.....

Ok EDIT: Uhhh hemmm....let me rephrase this question.....or clarify what I'm trying to say. Ok guys, I don't want you to admit that this is a romantic pastime. It's rugged and hard core, have to be a manly man and it's just such an adrenaline rush to ride a bike. That better? Now....who do you share all that with? Us women will think it's romantic and keep it to ourselves. (thanks baggger) But also keep this in mind, my woman's point of view? I think it IS one heck of an adrenaline rush and there's NOTHING like the feeling of that machine moving forward as you roll on that throttle or the sound it makes. I like the romance and the adrenaline rush. So just ignore the word romance in my post!

Last edited by Rhonda; 09-19-2008 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Making it manly correct. :)
Old 09-19-2008, 12:28 PM
JacktheBagger
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Well bunch a nosey wimmen

ONE anyways

Romance It is an arrangement of finance not romance

We have the finance and yawl romance it all outta us for frivilous stuff

Oh , the question , what was it

Yeah she do it too , she says the only time I'm smiling is when I'm riding , says I grin from ear to ear ..

Old 09-19-2008, 12:28 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,315 Likes on 1,030 Posts

My wife doesn't ride her own but likes to ride the RKC whenever she can! My son steals my FatBoy and rides with me when ever and where ever he can!

Old 09-19-2008, 12:35 PM
donna.1965
Moderator "Queens Of The Road" Forum
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband's been riding since he was a teenager. Like with you, he planted the idea in my head of riding my own when we first met. Then we got married and kids came along and there went that idea, along with the Wide Glide he had at that time. Now the kids are bigger (9 and 11), and the money situation is better, and he got a new Wide Glide in December.

I ended up taking the riding course in April and getting my Low Rider. On the long trips I still ride 2 up with him, but I'm getting more comfortable on my own bike, and riding more.

While some parts of the country are considering the end of their riding season approaching, we are just starting to cool off enough for me to consider riding. So, I'll be doing it more often.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:37 PM
tdogg
Cruiser
Thumbs up

I do like to ride with my "OL" , but she hasnt ask for her own bike yet. That would worry me but I"m sure she could handle it. We really do enjoy riding the coast and staying at little sea side motels. We have been married 20+ and enjoy our time together. Plus she looks so HOT in her biker gal outfits!!!! LOL !!!!!

2008 SG
Vivid Black
21/18
Arlen Ness Big Sucker
V&H Ovals
Bumppn' Sounds !!!!
Lots of Chrome!!!!

Old 09-19-2008, 12:37 PM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

My girlfriend of over 4 years has a motorcycle endorsement but would rather ride with me. Myself i want to be able to communicate with her easily and i can't reach her leg if she is on her own bike. LOL. If i'm riding she's riding. she had never ridden before we got together. we are both Seniors so to speak.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:58 PM
rwagon57
Tourer

My wife and best friend of 28 years (how's that for romantic?) occupies the queens throne on the Ultra for day trips and two week 4000 mile rides. She has ridden behind me since we started dating almost 31 years ago. She took the MSF course several years ago but was unable to complete it due to an unrelated back injury. About 3 years ago she considered one of her own, but decided that having her right hand go numb (carpal tunnel) with in seconds of being on the bars wasn't good. Instead, she declared, "we should get something that is more comfortable for both of us." I put the '92 FLHS up for sale and bought an 07 Ultra in Aug 06.

Old 09-19-2008, 01:05 PM
Bluesssman
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife and best friend and love of my life rides our 04 Deuce. We have bike to bike communication so we can chat while we ride. We always find something to talk about. I love to ride alone, but I much more enjoy the time riding with my sweetie!

Old 09-19-2008, 01:11 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I include my wife although her business keeps her working late and weekends a lot. there is hope though, she called me from work and said all the bikes coming through town is giving her "Harley Fever"! Maybe the start of something good!

Old 09-19-2008, 01:15 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

You are fortunate. My wife is afraid to ride...well afraid to crash that is. So, I ride alone. Some guys tell me I am lucky but I wish she would ride along with me.

Quick Reply: Do you share motorcycling with someone else?