General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i am keeping the sportster - daighter left this morning

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 12:58 PM
mark10
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Default i am keeping the sportster - daighter left this morning

couple weeks back i posted about whether to keep my daughters sportster for her. well the decision has been made and yes i am keeping it for her.

we also get to watch one of her dogs - a german shepard - to add to our other two dogs.

so my wife will care for the dog and i will care for the hog.

so she left this morning to drive to d.c. where she got transferred to.

problem is i miss her already. didn't think i would feel this bad.

this is my first born and first to leave the area.

how did you feel when your first left.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:01 PM
Ultra110
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Ha only have one but for the first two minutes it was PARTY TIME!!! then I thought about it a minute and realized he was headed to Iraq! Bummer of a 18th birthday gift direct from Uncle Sam... Can't wait till he gets back so we can ride!

Old 09-18-2008, 01:01 PM
vega823
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mark10
couple weeks back i posted about whether to keep my daughters sportster for her. well the decision has been made and yes i am keeping it for her.

we also get to watch one of her dogs - a german shepard - to add to our other two dogs.

so my wife will care for the dog and i will care for the hog.

so she left this morning to drive to d.c. where she got transferred to.

problem is i miss her already. didn't think i would feel this bad.

this is my first born and first to leave the area.

how did you feel when your first left.
I played the unemotional, tough-guy Father while my wife was a wreck. Inside I was falling to pieces.
Congrats on the decision to keep the scoot. I don't think you will regret it.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:02 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Nice! My son is living back home at the age of 32, having marital problems. So I get him, his 70 lb weimerhiemer and he has taken a liking to my FatBoy!

Old 09-18-2008, 01:30 PM
Sail and Ride
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Son, 27, has SO and I'm the glad Grandpa of a beautiful 18mo. old Grandson. They live 45 minutes down the freeway, but I don't see them but every third weekend. Daughter, 24, still at home, barely, graduates college in the spring, then will go to grad school. I'm already planning a visit/rent-a-ride to the Chicago or Rhode Island area. Rode a Triumph 650 Bonny all over Michigan in the summer of '71, but haven't ridden in the East.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:44 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Same here, oldest son left at 17 in combat 2 days after 18 in Iraq, sad to see him go, little jealous he had the opportunity to kick some serious ***, little scared after he got blown up the first time, little more scared ten days later ewhen he got blown up again, knocked him out of combat for a week than back to the ultimate game. Told him to use the trigger a little more or they will get him. He comes home tomorrow for his final predeployment leave (got stop lossed 2nd trip back), back to Sadr city to kill the rest of the human garbage in that $hit hole, next sone has 2 years left in High School then to Uncle Sam to do his time, another a year behind him. Daughter Can go straight to college. Will have the empty nest in 3 years. They are always welcome home, especially the daughter, but I do find I have a lot more spending money when the oldest left.

Originally Posted by Ultra110
Ha only have one but for the first two minutes it was PARTY TIME!!! then I thought about it a minute and realized he was headed to Iraq! Bummer of a 18th birthday gift direct from Uncle Sam... Can't wait till he gets back so we can ride!

Old 09-18-2008, 01:44 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

My oldest daughter goes off to college next year....not going to be easy on me at all cause she is just like me.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:01 PM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Could hardley wait for my kids to turn eighteen and start their own lives,guess what that time never comes,oh well.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:08 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by FastHoss
Could hardley wait for my kids to turn eighteen and start their own lives,guess what that time never comes,oh well.
Yeah that is what I hear. Half of my friends say downsize the house the other half say don't because since I have 3 daughters at least one is coming back after college and then one will get divorced with kids and might return home with them. WTF?

Old 09-18-2008, 03:00 PM
Double00Aught
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 8th, 9th, and 10th grader. At this point I'm READY for them to turn 18! I'm sure I'll feel the same as you once they leave.

Quick Reply: i am keeping the sportster - daighter left this morning