General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looks like all the Real bikers bugged out.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 03:37 PM
jarhead45
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

been riding for 40 years .. mostly harley... but I do wear fingerless gloves and actually own a pair of assless chaps...somewhere. Wont even mention my sleezy patch wearing daze... can I at least call myself a motorcycle enthusiast? Never liked the label biker anyways.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:38 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,418 Likes on 22,659 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by SportyPig
Well, it appears that during the 3 or 4 months that this place was FUBAR, all the real bikers found something else to do.

Pitty, this was a good place before.
Hey you're here ain't ya?

Old 09-17-2008, 03:39 PM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Say hello to the guy on the red, white & blue Sportster.

Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 8,462 Likes on 4,369 Posts

Uhhh, Sporty, you really didn't just say that did you?? Someone has stolen your identity... or your humanity?
Well, it appears that during the 3 or 4 months that this place was FUBAR, all the real bikers found something else to do.

Double00Aught
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by midlife rider
They probably went to another forum that didn't constantly yak about "what is a REAL biker"! I joined this forum to learn more about my bike, my riding skills, great places to ride, and maybe meet a few friends along the way. But DAMN, this forum seems obsessed with chit like do-rag tying techniques, azzless chaps, fingerless gloves and the likes...
The Dyna forum isn't like that, (can't vouch for the other model forums) I learn more there than anywhere.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:44 PM
midlife rider
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MTBlood
The Dyna forum isn't like that, (can't vouch for the other model forums) I learn more there than anywhere.
Thanks MTBlood. Spending more time there these days, tired of the endless debates on what makes a "real" biker. I have a bike, I ride a bike, therefore...

Old 09-17-2008, 03:47 PM
ZuelGodoftheFridge
6th Gear

All RIGHT!!!! I started riding when I was 17, on a Sportster I bought in 5 gallon buckets and put together in my Dad's garage...by myself. Then I bought a KZ900 and stretched and lowered it, eventually got into the low 10's...then another, then another, etc...til I bought my 35th bike last year....an 07 Heritage. So I'm confused...am I a real biker? Oh c'mon, PLEASE PLEASE pick ME! PICK ME!
If it has handlebars, I dig it. I REALLY dig this hog, for completely different reasons than I dig my Kaw dragbikes. It boils down real easy...
Try to pick up a hot chick on a bike that has an air shifter, no alternator, a slick on the rear and carries 1/2 gallon of fuel.
Then try to get your average Harley over 200 mph in a 1/4 mile...
Where one fails, the other excels. Hence my garage full of bikes, parts, and tools. And my body with the odd aluminum bones here and there...wait that left kneecap is composite, I forgot. Shut up, Randy.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:50 PM
CrawdadAZ
Road Master

I guess we all have very thin skin......... as evidenced by our need to respond to every one of these threads because our feelings were hurt.

If we ignore these threads........ I betcha they go away. Or at least we didn't have to start/contribute to another "farts and whine" festival.

Yeah, yeah, yeah........ Dad...... we know..........

Old 09-17-2008, 03:53 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Well SporkyPig you don't mind coming here to diss us after you post and ask for answers to questions you obviously can't get answered anywhere else. I guess you're not a real biker after all!!! Welcome back!!

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/searc...earchid=336622

Old 09-17-2008, 03:54 PM
1goindiesel
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CrawdadAZ
I guess we all have very thin skin......... as evidenced by our need to respond to every one of these threads because our feelings were hurt.

If we ignore these threads........ I betcha they go away. Or at least we didn't have to start/contribute to another "farts and whine" festival.

Yeah, yeah, yeah........ Dad...... we know..........
Yeah, good idea, lets let the SPig die here, thats what he deserves.

Quick Reply: Looks like all the Real bikers bugged out.