General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Something New???

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008 | 01:30 PM
Dport
|
6th Gear
Default Something New???

Now that H-D has made the 1200xr for Europe, how soon will we see some new bikes on this side of the pond? I grew up on the back of Harleys and plan on riding them 'till I die, but why no new bike thats in the Triumph Thruxton type category...A cafe racer or something...Harleys today look exactly like the bikes from the 70's-90's and I don't see them changing anytime soon. I understand why fix it if it ain't broken, and Harleys are still selling like hot cakes but the next generation of riders are not going to want the same bike as their dads and Grandpa. I'm just saying.

Old 09-17-2008 | 01:34 PM
guitarman777
Road Captain

Have you not seen the Rocker or the Nightster or the Cross Bones or the VROD Muscle yet? =D That many new bikes in less than 2 years is quite a feat if you ask me. What other bike or even auto maker is doing that? I'd say H-D is ahead of the game.

Old 09-17-2008 | 01:37 PM
1Coastie
Road Master

Grandpa had one, and you said it yourself......then dad bought one, that was two gererations, and HD has been going alot longer than that. Why would they change somthing that has worked so well for 105 years. And they have record sales to prove it! They built the V-Rod for people like you, now go back to the Triumph forum.

Old 09-17-2008 | 03:23 PM
Dport
|
6th Gear

Originally Posted by 1Coastie
They built the V-Rod for people like you, now go back to the Triumph forum.
Will do Stud. The V-rod is a ****ing joke and the cross bones and rocker aren't exactly huge leaps in design. This whole "I'm a studly biker cuz I bought a Harley" is getting played out...and as soon as the Blacked Out look is over I think we'll see some changes coming down the pipe. Just sayin'

Old 09-17-2008 | 03:35 PM
papadop88
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Dport
Will do Stud. The V-rod is a ****ing joke and the cross bones and rocker aren't exactly huge leaps in design. This whole "I'm a studly biker cuz I bought a Harley" is getting played out...and as soon as the Blacked Out look is over I think we'll see some changes coming down the pipe. Just sayin'
uuummm, the blacked out look has been around for a while and I don't see it going anywhere...its just another style of looks. everyone has their own style and opinion, which is great because it makes bikes unique, but it doesn't make any bike, V-Rod or not, a "***** joke."