General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bob Schultz Harley-Davidson in St. Charles, MO sold?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 12:25 PM
shooter537
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess what we all want in this area is for "Anyone" to take over the place that is gonna turn it around and give us a decent alternative to - Man shop! LOL

Old 09-20-2008, 05:40 PM
aggro_jo
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Sup all,
I'm back in the game after a LONG break and I have to say we are lucky to have so many dealers in the STL area. I bought my bike from Ted's and I also get great service from Frieze (Funny that after a few months I already have "favorite" employees at parts counter ;-) ).

I have nothing bad to say about anyone but here's hoping that the new owners create yet another cool shop in the area.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:00 PM
RlaHarley
Stage I

What you have heard is not a rumor, it is a fact. The transaction was completed on Sept 17, 2008. It was purchased by Holzhauer from Nashville, Il. Agressive changes are already being made, soon the building will be getting a new facelift inside and out. But most importantly there is a complete change in customer service and relations. New dealer shirts are being printed and should be available very soon.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:43 PM
08HSTC
Advanced

I have never heard anything good about Bob Schultz. I live 35 miles west of St Charles. It's easier for me to go to MidAmerica H-D in Columbia. Great salespeople, great service shop, and great owners! I've never had a bad experience there and just like Cheers, "everybody knows my name" every time I go in there.

Old 09-29-2008, 01:34 PM
Old Bill
4th Gear

I was there last saturday and it's now "Big St. Charles Motorsports"

Bill

Old 10-05-2008, 06:52 PM
BIGRSRK08
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Bought 3 bikes there in the last 3 years. Couldn't beat their price or the prices at 12% off parts. Liked the idea fo not having to make an appointment but had to leave the bike for a few days. Supposedly the Service manager owned it and hopefully that gets better and they stock more parts, but after viewing the new website "BIG ST. CHARLES MOTORSPORTS" I sure didn't see anything with the words HARLEY DAVIDSON. I wonder what that means?

Old 10-06-2008, 03:57 AM
BIGRSRK08
Road Captain

Sorry but after my last post I found the the Harley part of the dealership is now called ST.Charles Harley Davidson and has their own website that is mostly under construction.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:30 PM
moharleyrider
Stage IV

I was just in there the other day. I has a sign that say "under new ownership". There is also a huge banner that says "Midwest Motor Sports"
They have less than half the usual bikes and they do have Harleys (at least at the moment). The place is pretty empty but I assume that is just because it is currently changing over.
I ususally don't go there either but I didn't want to drive all the way to Doc's to pick up oil.

I just read the above post and I guess I'm wrong. I must be St. Charles Motor Sports. And I just remembered that they do have T-shirts that says St. Charles Harley Davidson

Last edited by moharleyrider; 10-06-2008 at 03:49 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:26 PM
BIGRSRK08
Road Captain

Yes it is true there is a new owner of Bob Schultz. Just got back from there and was talking to the new owner Brad Holzhauer and this is the type person that will change that place around. He is already doing it with new orange paint around the building and 2 new mechanics starting next week a level 4 and a level 5 and Bill the old owner/service manager is gone.
Please pass the word and make this a place we will want to go to.

Old 10-08-2008, 02:28 PM
dz672
Cruiser

I would like to think that the letter I posted (all over the internet), had a little something to do with William Weffel's demize.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/showt...817#post842817

Check out the letter Weffel's lawyer sent me. Notice the name of the lawyer

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/showt...977#post805977

Quick Reply: Bob Schultz Harley-Davidson in St. Charles, MO sold?