General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bob Schultz Harley-Davidson in St. Charles, MO sold?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 02:20 PM
dkparks
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to say also that Schultz was such a joke. I have only been in a couple times, the last time 5 years or so ago looking for a bike. Salesman literally followed me out to the car, talked to me while I was getting in the car, ran along side the car while I was leaving the parking lot still trying to get me come back and buy a bike. Never been back since.

Oh yeah, I also just verified with someone who would definitely know that they in fact were sold. Apparently been trying to close the deal for a little while now. What ever the change, it can ONLY get better.

FYI, regarding the dealers in St. Louis: Surdyke owns the H-D in Festus, Gateway in South County and Dales in Mt. Vernon, IL.

Old 09-17-2008, 06:55 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

I never heard anything good (lots of bad) about Schultz HD and also never intended to go into their shop. I like Surdyke's sales and parts, but the jury is still out on their service dept. Doc's service and parts are top-notch, IMO, but I didn't care for their sales guy. Hard to get it all, isn't it?

Old 09-17-2008, 08:32 PM
jason628
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Greetings,

Well that's good news then. I'm sure they'll have to build a new building as the one they are in is ancient, so it might be a bit. If they clean house I might actually step foot in the place again.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:16 PM
SgtThump
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Man, there are so many HD dealers around here that it's ridiculous. Gateway, Surdyke, Docs, Teds, Frieze, Schultz, Dales down the road a bit, etc... Alot of these places aren't that far from each other either. I don't get why HD allows so many dealers all close together like that.

I live near Gateway and like the sales guys, but I'm not sold on the service department. Docs is second to none as far as parts and knowledgeable guys in that department.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:24 AM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SgtThump
Man, there are so many HD dealers around here that it's ridiculous. Gateway, Surdyke, Docs, Teds, Frieze, Schultz, Dales down the road a bit, etc... Alot of these places aren't that far from each other either. I don't get why HD allows so many dealers all close together like that.
They all seem to be doing well, though. And while most people seem to have a favorite, you can't go too far wrong with any of them. (Except Schultz, of course.)

Old 09-18-2008, 07:32 PM
shooter537
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jason628
Greetings,

I've heard this rumor from 4 different people and maybe somebody that has some real knowledge in the St. Louis area knows for sure. The rumor is that Bob Schultz Harley-Davidson in St. Charles, MO was bought out by the Holzhauer Motorcycle Group. They are based in Nashville, IL and sell just about every brand of motorcycle (and some new car lines too) except Harley. Is this true? If so, I could see nothing but good coming out of this one.

I had heard, but didn't want to put it in my earlier post until I tried to confirm it, that Bob Schultz was bought by a dentist from Hanibal, Missouri. In fact it is the dentist that created and marketed the infamous "Billy Bob" teeth. I am hearing the same thing from everybody that I talk to so maybe it is true.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:26 PM
krub6t9
Extreme HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Just got an email from my hog club. Bob schultz has been sold and will now be called ST Charles harley davidson.

Old 09-20-2008, 08:36 AM
harleyboy63401
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Talking

Schultz has always been one of my least favorite Harley Dealers that I have ever been to. If the "Rumor" is true that a Hannibal Dentist purchased the dealership then good things should be in store. He is a member of my local hog chapter and he LOVES HARLEY DAVIDSON'S!
Either way I doubt the dealership can get any worse!

Old 09-20-2008, 11:49 AM
SgtThump
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by shooter537
I had heard, but didn't want to put it in my earlier post until I tried to confirm it, that Bob Schultz was bought by a dentist from Hanibal, Missouri. In fact it is the dentist that created and marketed the infamous "Billy Bob" teeth. I am hearing the same thing from everybody that I talk to so maybe it is true.
I know some people up in Hardin, Illinois and they always told me they knew the guy that invented those teeth, he's now rich, he lives in the Hardin area, and he wasn't a dentist? Of course, I don't know any of that for sure. Just sayin.

PS - The plot thickens! lol

Old 09-20-2008, 11:52 AM
SgtThump
Road Warrior

I just spent 10 seconds or less on the billy bob teeth website and it did say "invented by a dentist" or something. Maybe the guy grew up in Illinois and now lives in Missouri? I dunno.

Quick Reply: Bob Schultz Harley-Davidson in St. Charles, MO sold?