General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You can't argue with a "Ricer"

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 11:59 PM
Slick02
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry You can't argue with a "Ricer"

Man was I pissed, still am I guess, thats why I'm ranting, to get it off my chest. I'm headed to lunch tonight from work and I see some kind of yellow rocket on a side street waiting to pull out going my way. After I pass him he gets a chance to pull out and I see him catching up with me on my left (4 lane road with a grass medium and I'm in the right lane...noone behind me). I'm watching him just cause he's on a bike, no big deal, I'm doing the speed limit. He gets up next to me and just past the drivers door and I see his little right blinker on. At first I think it's stuck on from him pulling out 2 blocks back. The 2 cars in front of me brake with singals turning into some apartments. I keep going thinking they will clear before I get there. The next thing I see is this ricer try to kick my car. I slow a little bit thinking "What the f..." then he cuts me off and hard brakes to turn into the same apartment driveway. I brake hard and flip him off. He turns in and then whips a U and pulls back out behind me. So I pull into the next place I can and he pulls up screaming at me about how I wouldn't let him in and cussing like I havent heard since I was in the Navy. By then I was doing my own back at him about what an idiot he is trying to kick my car then cutting me off on a bike and braking hard almost getting rearended and he starts to get off the bike saying hes gonna kick my ***. I think to myself as I'm sitting there with a pistol (CCW) on my person that if I get my 5'4" 140lb 49 year old *** out of this car... it's gonna get ugly really fast. Did I mention he's twice my size? I call him an idiot again and just pull slowly away knowing that theres no use trying to argue with this guy.
I'm a good driver...better from my years of riding a bike. I watch out for bikes of all kinds and when I'm in my car or truck I"ve even used it to block for bikes going down the road or at a light to give them a buffer whether they knew it or not. But this just burns my hide. I'm trying real hard to figure this punk would be this way no matter what and not all ricers are idiots. Thanks guys for the rant

Old 09-16-2008, 12:09 AM
dogtownmax
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wait, you're mad at someone riding a bike when you're in a cage, and you want us to get all huffy on your behalf just because you call the guy a "ricer"?

no offense man, i just dont really trust car drivers. good luck with that here though.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:10 AM
skiahh
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Has nothing to do with being on a ricer... just that he's an ***. Would be if he was on a Hog, too.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:15 AM
Medicfrost
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree, a bike forum isn't the best to rant about what a bike did to you while you were in a cage. Imagine if every person in a car that was cut off by a motorcycle came to this forum to rant. There would be no end to it. Just be happy no one was injured, and remember the experience next time you see the guy on the road, so you know to keep away from him.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:15 AM
Joe Diver
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I woulda shot him.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:18 AM
Medicfrost
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Diver
I woulda shot him.
Damn you Jeffersonville, Indiana drivers!!!

Old 09-16-2008, 12:22 AM
Slick02
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dogtownmax
wait, you're mad at someone riding a bike when you're in a cage, and you want us to get all huffy on your behalf just because you call the guy a "ricer"?

no offense man, i just dont really trust car drivers. good luck with that here though.
I'm not asking anyone to get huffy. I think what I'm doing is trying to convince myself that this guy was just an idiot no matter what. ricer, hog or bicycle. But I damn near rear-ended him and it scared the crap out of me. And he tried to kick my new car in the front fender.

Your comment about me being in a "cage" is out of line. He's on a bike so he's automatically in the right? I put on 20k a year on my 02 and love every second of it

Old 09-16-2008, 12:25 AM
MetalSpike
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Slick02
I'm not asking anyone to get huffy. I think what I'm doing is trying to convince myself that this guy was just an idiot no matter what. ricer, hog or bicycle. But I damn near rear-ended him and it scared the crap out of me. And he tried to kick my new car in the front fender.

Your comment about me being in a "cage" is out of line. He's on a bike so he's automatically in the right? I put on 20k a year on my 02 and love every second of it
Plus one

Old 09-16-2008, 12:33 AM
budnlucy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Plus two

Old 09-16-2008, 12:35 AM
owleyes
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just forget that guy. No one hurt, life goes on. Glad everyone was ok.

Quick Reply: You can't argue with a "Ricer"