General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You can't argue with a "Ricer"

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 04:26 AM
DMas
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The guy was an a-hole on a bike or in a cage. I get people like that all the time speed up next to me and then cut me off to make their turn. I guess they think just because their blinker is on it gives them the right-of-way.

Old 09-16-2008, 04:31 AM
amike
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The second he pulls up beside me and starts to kick my door, his next move would have been recovering from the ditch.

Old 09-16-2008, 04:34 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

two words......pepper spray

Old 09-16-2008, 04:56 AM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Slick02
I'm not asking anyone to get huffy. I think what I'm doing is trying to convince myself that this guy was just an idiot no matter what. ricer, hog or bicycle.
If you're trying to convince us that he was an idiot no matter what he rode then why call it a "ricer post"?

The guy was an idiot no matter what, I've seen them on every type of bike.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:30 AM
Roadjunkie1
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Theres another way to look at this and that is to set an example? Next time try this "Dude, I ride too and didn't realize I may have cut you off and apologise if I did". Shake hands, maybe get a beer and maybe make a new friend.

Or

You can just shoot his ***.

The hell you carrying a gun for anyway? Sounds like there was more then just one bad attitude on the road that day.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:37 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dogtownmax
wait, you're mad at someone riding a bike when you're in a cage, and you want us to get all huffy on your behalf just because you call the guy a "ricer"?

no offense man, i just dont really trust car drivers. good luck with that here though.
I figure if I get mad at somebody on a bike for trying to kick my car while I'm in a "cage" you'll read about him in the paper - not HD forum. Especially (but not limited to) a sport bike.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:44 AM
flakdog
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadjunkie1
Theres another way to look at this and that is to set an example? Next time try this "Dude, I ride too and didn't realize I may have cut you off and apologise if I did". Shake hands, maybe get a beer and maybe make a new friend.

Or

The hell you carrying a gun for anyway? Sounds like there was more then just one bad attitude on the road that day.
He's a Texan! Lots of us Texans pack iron. It does not mean we have an attitude, just a constitutional right to do so. Just sayin.

Peace,

FD

Old 09-16-2008, 07:03 AM
TattoodCaptain
Road Warrior
Received 951 Likes on 399 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Roadjunkie1

Or

So, carrying = bad attitude? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:07 AM
Scorpion07
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are responsible ricers just like there are irresponsible Harley riders.
I've seen both in each camp. This "rider" sounds like a tool to me. If he came back to track you down - he couldn't have been in too big a hurry either!
I don't agree that just because he was on a bike he could do no wrong.
Good thing you didn't hit him or shoot him - would've ruined your day!

Old 09-16-2008, 07:13 AM
JKK
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually had a crotch rocket rider move over and let me pass last night on my evening run down the highway to smash some bugs. (he was probably cold wearing cargo shorts and tee shirt and saw my 170W worth of lights coming up behind him 85mph)

While many of these young guys are squids (and some are a$$holes like the subject rider in this thread) a lot of them are just young, full of testosterone and love to ride. Fast.

Never had one get abusive but yeah, they will weave in front of ya and back and forth in and out traffic til someone changes lanes or stomps the brake pedal in front of em while theyre riding with one hand.

I cut'em some slack. If they hit me while Im in my four wheeler theyre gonna suffer lots more than my car.

Quick Reply: You can't argue with a "Ricer"