General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You can't argue with a "Ricer"

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 12:39 AM
dogtownmax
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Slick02
I'm not asking anyone to get huffy. I think what I'm doing is trying to convince myself that this guy was just an idiot no matter what. ricer, hog or bicycle. But I damn near rear-ended him and it scared the crap out of me. And he tried to kick my new car in the front fender.

Your comment about me being in a "cage" is out of line. He's on a bike so he's automatically in the right? I put on 20k a year on my 02 and love every second of it
if you say so man, but i have 18 years in the saddle of daily commuting, and honestly, i cannot recall ever having a problem with another bike, yet cagers seems to drive badly often enough that i have to dodge a couple of them every day.

from your description, it sounds like he overreacted to your almost rear ending him when you didnt understand his turnsignal was a clue that he wanted to merge.

so i spoze he could have been an "idiot" but since you made it a point to call him a "ricer" i kinda wonder if maybe you just didnt let him merge.

Last edited by dogtownmax; 09-16-2008 at 12:44 AM.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:45 AM
rydermike
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go back and dump 10 oz of 2 strole oil in his tank....... HE WILL FREAK!! and no permenant damage done.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:51 AM
kbear
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He is an idiot. Had one the other day in reverse me on the bike, surprised you didn't get the paragraph hazing but the thread is still young.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:15 AM
Mr Zip
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

amen, plus 3. An *** is an ***, and to be honest, I think if a person rides a bike, he should have a sense of responsibility and not do stupid sh*t on his bike.

I had a ricer doing wheelies next to me on an overpass in the busiest section of town at rush hour and it made me want to run him over, and I freaking ride. Guys like that I suspect Ill hear about on the news.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:26 AM
donna.1965
Moderator "Queens Of The Road" Forum

Seems to me if you passed him before he pulled out of the side street and he knew he wanted to make a right turn, he should have just come up behind you, instead of trying to pass and then get over. I don't get what the big hurry is these days. Seems like people are just trying to get to their graves faster.

Good job not shooting him, though it did sound like a good idea.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:29 AM
Slick02
Tourer

The guy had 3 blocks to go before his turn, 2 of them spent getting up along side of me. At no time was he ahead of me only alongside my left front fender, his little blinker was even with my drivers side mirror. I noticed a car and van turning into the entrance drive about 100ft ahead, the same place he wanted to go it turned out. I would have never passed a car then cut and brake like he did. And then he copped an attitude? Btw, there wasn't anyone behind me in sight.
I usually commute 3 or 4 days a week, day and night, shift work, 40 miles RT year round. I see my share of bad car drivers like all bikers do. I make sure I'm not one of them when I happen to decide to drive one of mine. I can just imagine that if I had hit him all the crap I would have received hitting a bike from behind. No question about it, right? Would have been my fault, even though he cut me off. And having to live with the fact I hurt another biker.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:39 AM
SoftTailTim71
Tourer

Twice your size eh?!?

Probably "roid-rage".

Old 09-16-2008, 01:50 AM
Slick02
Tourer

I've got it worked out in my head now. I vented and analyzed it enough. I'm good with it now. We both went on with our day and no one got hurt, that means it was a good day

Old 09-16-2008, 02:23 AM
2003Sport
Cruiser

Originally Posted by donna.1965
Seems to me if you passed him before he pulled out of the side street and he knew he wanted to make a right turn, he should have just come up behind you, instead of trying to pass and then get over. I don't get what the big hurry is these days. Seems like people are just trying to get to their graves faster.

Good job not shooting him, though it did sound like a good idea.
Bingo! Sounds to me like the guy just wanted to try and show his a$$.

Old 09-16-2008, 03:21 AM
travroc
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well if he continues to play chicken with a cage and threaten to kick azz, his day will come. Just a matter of time, and the lesson will be a painful one. Glad you are OK, and you did the right thing.

Quick Reply: You can't argue with a "Ricer"