General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SideCars?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 02:35 PM
desertroamer
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SideCars?

Anyone here ever ran a sidecar on their bike. I was think maybe of gettin one. I wanna take my son ridin but he's too young now (5) , a sidecar would solve this. Any advice or experience would be nice.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:38 PM
2008FLHP
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

never had a sidecar but no offense, if you ask my advice he's too young to ride...i have an 11yr and i still won't take him...i'm too afraid...G-d forbid something should happen...just saying

Old 09-15-2008, 03:04 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

There is a hacked, trike and trailering section on this forum.
It used to have alot of information. I just checked and it looks vacant these days.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:17 PM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by desertroamer
Anyone here ever ran a sidecar on their bike. I was think maybe of gettin one. I wanna take my son ridin but he's too young now (5) , a sidecar would solve this. Any advice or experience would be nice.
As a matter o fact I purchased and Ultra w/C last September for the distinct purpose of using it with my grandkids. One is a little young but one is 5 yo. Riding a SC is a biotch, and totally different from a regular bike. For now and until I am more proficient I stay on the secondary back roads (25-35 MPH) when with grandson and he is sitting on grammys lap. However a side car invokes a whole nother slew of concerns. I been riding for 30+ years and had to throw out the window everything I knew about motorcycles when it came to the SC.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:40 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 12,258 Likes on 4,784 Posts

I'll be curious to see the responses to this one. I have been wanting to come off the road and one of my hairbrained ideas is to get a sidehack set up and give tours of the area to all the tourists that come up to where we live in the spring, summer, and fall. You know get one of those big ones that can seat two people, pack em a lunch and ride em around for a couple of hours showing them the local sites. The insurance would probably kill me. But I could maybe make some $$ doing something that I love to do.

Old 09-15-2008, 04:00 PM
Cowboy115
Banned

that would be a good buisness like a small taxi. You could paint your bikes to match and hire a few drivers to do the same. Forget being the cool person getting picked up in a limo, Get picked up on a Harley

Old 09-15-2008, 04:10 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 12,258 Likes on 4,784 Posts

Originally Posted by Cowboy115
that would be a good buisness like a small taxi. You could paint your bikes to match and hire a few drivers to do the same. Forget being the cool person getting picked up in a limo, Get picked up on a Harley
Ya. What gave me the Idea was a gal I know took a trip to Sydney Australia with some friends and she said they bought her a tour of the city on the back of a Harley. She said she had never been on a bike before and really got off on it. She also said it was pretty expensive (over $100.00) and the dude said he was busy enough that he had to take reservations. So I'm thinkin what the F...k? Just need to convince the Ole Lady that it could work. I'm startin to think she wants to keep me out here on the road. She's got a pretty good deal going here.

Old 09-15-2008, 04:15 PM
Cowboy115
Banned

If it works out ill go and work for ya. Gotta get a bigger bike but Im sure I can borrow a RK from my old man and leave him my Sporty without telling him. It'll work!

Old 09-15-2008, 04:19 PM
CrawdadAZ
Road Master

Let's see............... Sydney, Aust............ Central, AZ. Grand Canyon/Flagstaff area? Might work.

Old 09-15-2008, 04:31 PM
JacktheBagger
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Have a friend with an Ultra and a hack .. I have always wanted one , I have rode his enuff to agree with bad , ya have ta learn evrything all over and you can get hurt real easy ..

Gumby is looking for a monkey , perhaps he'd let ya train with him for a spell ..

Quick Reply: SideCars?