General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why did some of you even buy a bike?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 08:57 AM
jto667
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IronAss
I'm fairly new here but I'm see allot of people that are worried about what everybody else thinks when it comes to personal touches that they are wanting to put on their scooters. Just make it the way you want it and F**** what anyone else thinks about it.
Not to long ago you were telling people to do what they want.

I am fairly new to this forum (but not to Motorcycles or H-D's) and after reading many of the post's here I am just wondering why many of you even bought a scooter in the first place. I think maybe I know why you bought them I guess I'm wondering why you keep them. I'm thinking many don't which explains all the low mile used ones for sale.

I see over and over people here bitching about Vibration, Wind, Heat, Rain, Cold, bugs, The price of gas, Flying Fish...you name it. If they're not Whining about something they are stressing about what they can put on their bikes to make them "Look Cool" and impress the neighbors when they are washing them in their driveway, or the other posers at "Bike Nite" down at the local Dairy Queen.

Might I suggest you sell your Scooter to someone that will actually enjoy it put the $$$ you get towards a convertible cage. You can still wear all the "cool" clothes (jacket, chaps and such) and have a chain wallet to make the other citizens scarred. but won't suffer the inconvenience of having to actually ride a big noisy messy motorcycle.

Just wondering.
Now that people are doing what they want, and questioning things about their bike you're getting on them. I'm confused I guess. People buy bikes for different reasons, people ride for different reasons, people spend their money for different reasons, WHO CARES. They got a bike, they got a question, WHO CARES, if no one had questions this would be a boring forum, if no one changed anything on their bike, I'd be surfing **** more than i do because all our bikes would look just like every other bike of the same model.

Scorpion07
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can't we all just get along?
Now quit your whining!

Darthvader
Road Warrior

You could dump the HD and buy a Honda Metropolitan. There are very few on the roads,no posers and you don't need any reservations for the rallys.

I'm not worried about them. I just get tired of having to pay more to enjoy my scooter. I don't go to rally's anymore because they have all turned into big money making fiasco's unlike in the past when it was just a bunch of people getting together to enjoy bikes and music and have a little party and go riding. Now they are like big swap meets. The last time I was at Sturgis (87) I just showed up and got a campsite and had a great time. Now you have to reserve a site months in advance and then the campgrounds are full of Motor homes and trailers leaving less room for the guys that actually ride there. The price of parts, bikes, whatever has gone thru the roof because of these weekend bar hoping riders. It's getting harder to ride in populated areas because they can't seem to control their need to make noise and **** off the people around them.
I could go on but I think I made my point.
I DON'T GIVE A RATS *** ABOUT THEM BUT THEY ARE MAKING MY LIFE LESS ENJOYABLE. So I guess I am worried about myslef. And you can Kiss My ****ing ***!

Old 09-15-2008, 09:00 AM
jto667
Tourer

It doesn't matter if we are talking about gold fish or Glocks, people are gonna have a bitch, gripe, complaint, question, suggestion, modification, and on and on. I guess I see it this way, if you don't like whats on the TV, what do you do????????

Old 09-15-2008, 09:01 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,256 Likes on 4,783 Posts

Originally Posted by SgtThump
Sounds like maybe you should sell your bike and find another hobby. Either that or just suck it up and quit whining about everyone else.
To me it ain't a "Hobby". I guess that's the main difference between me and you. You are right however, I should keep my mouth shut and mind my own business so I will from now on. Next time I'm gonna be in St. Louis I'll try to let you know and maybe we can get together for a couple of beers. or if I'm there for a few days I can rent a bike and we can go ridin. Or not.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:02 AM
Medicfrost
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I got mine so I can get closer parking at the malls.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:02 AM
sleepneagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

HEHEHE now this is funny. ROFLMAO

Old 09-15-2008, 09:03 AM
jto667
Tourer

Originally Posted by Medicfrost
I got mine so I can get closer parking at the malls.
And chics dig em!

Old 09-15-2008, 09:09 AM
Cowboy115
Banned

I bought mine because I got the license...no use having the license so I bought a bike......

Old 09-15-2008, 09:12 AM
Scooter_092196
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, let's see, it's my money, my bike and if I want to do nothing more than look at it in the garage (which I don't do), so be it. If I want to ride it and give it a weekly wash or every other week, (which I do do), so be it. When you have any part of helping me pay for the bike, you can have some input to what I do with it or why I have it. I don't ride as much as most, but I do put on 4-6000 miles/year living in the upper Midwest (7-8 month riding season). That is with working two jobs and having kids at ages 6 and 9. I think I do pretty darn good and racking up the miles.

Like I said, when you contribute to my buying a bike, you can have some input to what I do with it, otherwise, don't worry about it.

Quick Reply: Why did some of you even buy a bike?