General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why did some of you even buy a bike?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 07:45 AM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

kinda changes the persona of the biker - doesn't it.....

Old 09-15-2008, 07:45 AM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Dairy Queen has a Bike Night!!!!!!?????

Old 09-15-2008, 07:46 AM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Whining? Who knew? I really get upset when the bugs splat all over my golf shoes. When will Harley make some bug resistant golf shoes?

Old 09-15-2008, 07:46 AM
Hidalgo
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why did I buy a bike? Well, let's see.....

I like to take the wife for a ride and feel her breasts pushing into my back. She kinda likes it too....always makes for a fun night afterwards. Especially if she's naked underneath her leather jacket with the PROPERTY patch on it. You know: Gets us in the "mood".

I like to go out in the garage and look at it. It looks real neat just sitting there in my spotless garage with the black & white checkerboard tile floor that I paid megabucks for just so I would have a place to sit and stare at the bike.

I needed an outlet for all of the extra money that we have. We make TONS of money and needed a place to waste it.

My neighbors think I'm cool, because elderly men my age usually don't ride Harleys and surely wouldn't waste their retirement funds on such a frivolous thing.

We can go to bike rallys and act like fools, getting semi-naked and spending our children's college funds in the process. You can still do those things without a bike of course, but you always have a bigger crowd acting like fools along with you at a rally.

I can come on a board like this one and act like a biker, ask silly questions, and bitch and squawk about my ignorance for even purchasing such an evil and expensive contraption like my bike, and not have someone ask me WHY I did it. At least....up until this thread came along.

You just ruined all my fun Dude!

Old 09-15-2008, 07:47 AM
ptl203
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah they have it the same night as Wendy's Bike night so they make our decisions of where to go that much harder.

Old 09-15-2008, 07:48 AM
Darthvader
Road Warrior

That right there is funny chit.

Originally Posted by Hidalgo
Why did I buy a bike? Well, let's see.....

I like to take the wife for a ride and feel her breasts pushing into my back. She kinda likes it too....always makes for a fun night afterwards. Especially if she's naked underneath her leather jacket with the PROPERTY patch on it. You know: Gets us in the "mood".

I like to go out in the garage and look at it. It looks real neat just sitting there in my spotless garage with the black & white checkerboard tile floor that I paid megabucks for just so I would have a place to sit and stare at the bike.

I needed an outlet for all of the extra money that we have. We make TONS of money and needed a place to waste it.

My neighbors think I'm cool, because elderly men my age usually don't ride Harleys and surely wouldn't waste their retirement funds on such a frivolous thing.

We can go to bike rallys and act like fools, getting semi-naked and spending our children's college funds in the process. You can still do those things without a bike of course, but you always have a bigger crowd acting like fools along with you at a rally.

I can come on a board like this one and act like a biker, ask silly questions, and bitch and squawk about my ignorance for even purchasing such an evil and expensive contraption like my bike, and not have someone ask me WHY I did it. At least....up until this thread came along.

You just ruined all my fun Dude!

Old 09-15-2008, 07:51 AM
SgtThump
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by IronAss
I am fairly new to this forum (but not to Motorcycles or H-D's) and after reading many of the post's here I am just wondering why many of you even bought a scooter in the first place. I think maybe I know why you bought them I guess I'm wondering why you keep them. I'm thinking many don't which explains all the low mile used ones for sale.

I see over and over people here bitching about Vibration, Wind, Heat, Rain, Cold, bugs, The price of gas, Flying Fish...you name it. If they're not Whining about something they are stressing about what they can put on their bikes to make them "Look Cool" and impress the neighbors when they are washing them in their driveway, or the other posers at "Bike Nite" down at the local Dairy Queen.

Might I suggest you sell your Scooter to someone that will actually enjoy it put the $$$ you get towards a convertible cage. You can still wear all the "cool" clothes (jacket, chaps and such) and have a chain wallet to make the other citizens scarred. but won't suffer the inconvenience of having to actually ride a big noisy messy motorcycle.

Just wondering.
Why do you care about everyone else? I suggest you worry about yourself.

PS - Is it that time of the month for you or did you just catch your boyfriend cheating?

Old 09-15-2008, 07:53 AM
kudzu35
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Be careful IronAss... all of those that which you speak will get on here and bitch about you bitching for their bitching.

I concur with what you said 100% and everyday become amazed at the topics that pollute this fine resource. I wonder how much bandwidth would be saved if the topics about shirts and guys who wear shirts or assless chaps weren't around?

Old 09-15-2008, 07:54 AM
Darthvader
Road Warrior

I bought a bike to **** off the hard core bikers. They love laughing at me when I pull up,get off,and change into my speedo and flip flops. Been doing this for about 23 years now. The only thing that has changed is I have way less hair......on my head...not that one silly.

Now if I could only tell the hard core from the posers.

I am am poser and proud of it man.That's why I don't own all the silly stuff. I am one and not ashamed.

Last edited by Darthvader; 09-15-2008 at 08:02 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:25 AM
SgtThump
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by IronAss
I am fairly new to this forum (but not to Motorcycles or H-D's) and after reading many of the post's here I am just wondering why many of you even bought a scooter in the first place. I think maybe I know why you bought them I guess I'm wondering why you keep them. I'm thinking many don't which explains all the low mile used ones for sale.

I see over and over people here bitching about Vibration, Wind, Heat, Rain, Cold, bugs, The price of gas, Flying Fish...you name it. If they're not Whining about something they are stressing about what they can put on their bikes to make them "Look Cool" and impress the neighbors when they are washing them in their driveway, or the other posers at "Bike Nite" down at the local Dairy Queen.

Might I suggest you sell your Scooter to someone that will actually enjoy it put the $$$ you get towards a convertible cage. You can still wear all the "cool" clothes (jacket, chaps and such) and have a chain wallet to make the other citizens scarred. but won't suffer the inconvenience of having to actually ride a big noisy messy motorcycle.

Just wondering.
Also, I've noticed when people are new to the iNtArWeB they are usually shocked to find out that people are different from them. Better get used to it now, because not everyone has the exact same opinion as you on things.

Quick Reply: Why did some of you even buy a bike?