General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Victory Vision Premium....

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Shakeydeal
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, it's ugly. There's no denying that......

Shakey

Old 09-14-2008, 02:05 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

saw one at bike night.........Batman should be riding that fu#@ing thing...

Old 09-14-2008, 02:36 PM
07FXSTC
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is different, but cool in a way...just not a Harley way..we like vintage style. It looks like a production version of an Arlen Ness bagger I saw a couple years ago.

Old 09-14-2008, 02:37 PM
flakdog
Road Captain

I would ride one...if they would saw off some of that "pointed" $hit. Who knows I might change my mind someday.

Naw.

FD

Old 09-14-2008, 04:28 PM
88b
Tourer

Originally Posted by rdrunner
If you're into a "different looking" touring bike that comes standard with a 106 ci v-twin, 6 speed tranny, 6 gal tank, heated seats, heated grips, adjustable electric windshield, built in mp3 connection, cruise control, good storage capacity, great handling, great laid back riding position, and American made...the the Vision premium is worth a look...I own an Ultra which I love, a Softail deluxe which I would never give up and until last week a BMW Cl which I traded in for the Vision. The critics said the BMW was an ugly bike but the funny thing is that it is one that always got the looks and got converstion going. I traded it in mainly because it was never really a comfortable bike for me and after test riding the Vision there was no comparison. Comparing the Vision to the Harley is like comparing apples and oranges, they are very different bikes....that's what make it so much fun! As far as the "soul" of a bike bullsh-t is concerned, to me the soul comes from the rider on the bike...if you're an a-hole, no brank of bike can change the fact that you're still an a-hole...just my opinion..

Totally agree with you rdrunner, I test rode a Vision earlier this year and thought it was a nice bike to ride. Considerably better equipped than a Harley with more space for the rider and passenger. I loved the adjustable screen, heated grips and seat. The bags are a bad design and the rear brake cylinder is butt ugly. it's priced about the same as a Street Glide in the UK, which I consider is too much. I don't think the resale value wil be anything like a Harley and there are only about eight dealers in the country. I'd own one, just need to find a low mileage used one and kick the seller in the nuts.

Old 09-14-2008, 10:45 PM
goodbirds
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Lightbulb

I guess you could say that Southern Utah is harley country, because an independant shop is a Victory dealer. He has custom painted low mileage Harleys, mostly Fat Boys or Road Kings with an occasional Ultra. Also big on trike conversions. Carries a line of Hyosung chinese 250 & 350 cc street bikes. He floored two Visions late last year, and has sold only one of them. The guys in the shop say the used Harleys fly out the door, and the Victory Hammer does pretty well.

Won't attract many Harley guys. Just the ones who have the money to experiment with different bikes. I think the Vision is trying for a Gen X buyer so as to build a future customer base. You know, the guys who grew up with video games.

Old 09-15-2008, 07:53 PM
rdrunner
Cruiser

Might be.....but i'm almost 60, a harley guy, and the last video game I played was pac-man...guess it just depends on what part of this fine country you're from

Old 09-15-2008, 08:06 PM
Dutch550
Tourer

I grew up on video games and when I saw it I threw up in my mouth.

Old 09-15-2008, 08:53 PM
robflhrc
2nd Gear

If you look at it head on, it looks like Krusty the Clown from the Simpsons with his mouth open.