General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aaargh, UPS is killing me here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 10:30 AM
pottsy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Worst thing is, I work from home on Fridays. I guarantee if I was at work today, they would have attempted to deliver at 9 AM, and then I would have had to either go pick it up or wait until they retry.

Old 09-12-2008, 10:37 AM
Joe Diver
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sleepman54
UPS drivers each have a specific route area that they cover and they have to deliver all the express packages first, so the ground stuff waits until the end to be delivered. They also will recall drivers to a meeting point to put packages on their trucks that were late to the sort facility that are guaranteed a delivery date. So that can affect delivery times as well.
That would explain why I'm always last then....I'm a cheap bastage and always go for ground!

Old 09-12-2008, 10:42 AM
kbear
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I don't feel so bad now. I am the third to last street to be delivered to so I usually see them at just before 1600 depending on the deliveries they have done. Sometimes thought they get here at 1400 and I miss them. Then I have to go to the depot to pick it up the following week as it is always a Friday they come, like today, to my house even though the guy 3 doors down gets his books in and out everyday, and the ebay lady at the end of the route has the same service, same driver? Delivery I have been waiting for was supposed to be here yesterday. Was on the island at the depot on Tuesday. Driver went by at 1345 and just waved as I was out cutting the grass waiting for him.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:09 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

I notice that anything I ship UPS Ground always states Delivery in the Tracking as "End of Day"

Old 09-12-2008, 11:35 AM
pottsy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The delivery gods must have felt sorry for me. UPS just dropped off my stuff. I think my afternoon working from home, will not be very work related.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:43 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

You guys are a bunch of wussy complainers. Damn, I have to wait until 6:30 & you don't see me wetting my panties

Old 09-12-2008, 02:56 PM
Spade115
Banned

Originally Posted by golfblues
You guys are a bunch of wussy complainers. Damn, I have to wait until 6:30 & you don't see me wetting my panties
Simone you all need girlfriends or something when im expecting something I just leave my girl home and have her wait for the package, Then when It gets there I go home and install it or put it up on my wall hehe (Motorcycle, Truck parts or Collectible hotwheels Muscle Cars/Motorcycles)

Old 09-12-2008, 02:59 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

As a UPS customer service rep, I can tell you that we purposely make sure all of your packages are the last thing on the truck, pottsy

You have a nice day

Old 09-12-2008, 03:13 PM
scottmichael
Intermediate

The worst thing is that you need to consider, "could I have driven down to the dealer a couple of days ago, bought them, drive home, installed them, and be riding today?"

Hmmm. Guess the savings is worth the wait. Do the math and see how much was saved.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:17 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

My UPS guy is always here at 7-7:30am with the early overnight stuff and makes his delivery by 11:30-12:00 noon. You can set your watch by the guy. He knows everybody and everybody likes him and takes packages for each other so he doesn't have to carry them twice.

Quick Reply: Aaargh, UPS is killing me here!!!