General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Freakin deer.....may need a new seat..

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 08:35 PM
sldavis
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Freakin deer.....may need a new seat..

...cause i sucked the one I was sitting on last night right up my ***. I was on the way home from John Michael Montgomery's Bike night last night, riding home through the country. I was in front of two of my buddy's who had ridden over with me. And just like they always do....out of nowhere two freakin deer run out in the road. One right in front of me and one right behind me. Just about had the Ultra sideways at 65mph trying to miss them. I could swear I heard that bitch laughing as she ran off into the woods. That's alright though, cause opening day is not far off and I'll get my revenge.....

Last edited by sldavis; 09-11-2008 at 08:42 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:39 PM
lp johnny
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you made it through...damn things
I've hit 4 in ten years w/ my big truck....driving throught OH and WV.
Hope I have better luck w/ the H-D..

Old 09-11-2008, 10:04 PM
rprpclark
Cruiser

Deer are pretty much overpopulated now a days. Anyone know why they shouldn't be open season all the time?

Old 09-12-2008, 08:47 AM
wilburz
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

would you like to go out and shoot a doe right before she gives birth or leave her 2 week old fawn motherless and left to die? I believe that is one reason they have hunting seasons.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:53 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sldavis
...cause i sucked the one I was sitting on last night right up my ***. I was on the way home from John Michael Montgomery's Bike night last night, riding home through the country.
There are way too many deer around here - I think because central KY is mostly horse farms, flat land and small plots, nobody really hunts here. I leave my home that has deer running through the yard every day and go down west to hunt.

By the way, how is the bike night at John Michael Montgomery's? I've been meaning to go over there before long (I live in frankfort).

Old 09-12-2008, 08:54 AM
Haulen Ass
Former Sponsor
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Glad to hear you made it out ok. If they dont come out and suprise the hell out of ya they stand there till the last min and turn the wrong way right into ya.

Obvious why they dont rule the world.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:56 AM
Drtbag
Tourer

Good to hear you didn't hit them. 2 lane roads in deer country, I watch the ditches more than the road!

Old 09-12-2008, 08:57 AM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

we have a special season this year from sept 18th to like the 22nd . does only with a gun on private land.. I dont know if ill get out or not. I could use some more meat but id have to be ready to cut it up myself the same day cause its so warm.. I do agree though there are too many deer.
Dave

Old 09-12-2008, 09:02 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rprpclark
Deer are pretty much overpopulated now a days. Anyone know why they shouldn't be open season all the time?
Ya, the "OH aren't they so CUTE", crowd. They have gotten so thick in some of the parks and cemetaries, they kill all the shrubs and plants. (The deer, silly, not the ppl ) BUT yet these PETA clowns STILL don't think they need to be thinned. The deer end up starving to death, NOW, that's humane as all get out.

Personally, I'd like to see a system, that if you are financially challenged, as in flat azzed broke, you can take 'em for food, year round. Would help take some of the pressure off the food shelves, AND the body shops. Momma works at Cambridge Collision. No danger in running low on work, there. IT's Minnesota, hail storms, deer, and snowy roads. Plenty of work.

I run the centerline, at 45 or so, at night. I believe it gives me the most reaction time, should 1, or 10, decide to run the gauntlet. And put in a BIG azzed headlight bulb, like a PIAA 110/100 Extreme white. Looks like daylight in the middle of the night.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:14 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,576 Likes on 22,691 Posts

Quick Reply: Freakin deer.....may need a new seat..