General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Freakin deer.....may need a new seat..

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 01:13 PM
sldavis
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brenn
There are way too many deer around here - I think because central KY is mostly horse farms, flat land and small plots, nobody really hunts here. I leave my home that has deer running through the yard every day and go down west to hunt.

By the way, how is the bike night at John Michael Montgomery's? I've been meaning to go over there before long (I live in frankfort).
We debated running the Blood and Guts Pkwy home to Lawrenceburg, but like someone said, rut is not far off, and pretty soon you won't be able to travel 100 yds without passing a carcass on the side of that road. Gambled and went down through Tyrone past the Wild Turkey distillery, and lost the gamble. About the only safe thing to do around here this time of year is to stop riding in the evening.
John Michael actually just sold that place, but it hasn't changed any. Probably 100 bikes there the other night. If you go, sit outside and Brandy will be your waitress, and oh my....as the song says "Brandy, you're a fine girl....
Eddie Montgomery is opening a place down in Harrodsburg that is just now under construction. Going to be a log structure....steakhouse type place. I was talking to him a couple of weeks ago and he said he was going to have a bike night also. I told him as long as he sold fried banana peppers I'd be there. You ever come to Lawrenceburg on Tuesdays for bike night at The Landings?

Old 09-12-2008, 03:02 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by wilburz
would you like to go out and shoot a doe right before she gives birth or leave her 2 week old fawn motherless and left to die? I believe that is one reason they have hunting seasons.
Far better for them to both starve to death naturally.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:19 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sldavis
Eddie Montgomery is opening a place down in Harrodsburg that is just now under construction. Going to be a log structure....steakhouse type place. I was talking to him a couple of weeks ago and he said he was going to have a bike night also. I told him as long as he sold fried banana peppers I'd be there. You ever come to Lawrenceburg on Tuesdays for bike night at The Landings?
Never heard of the Landings. We've only had the bikes for a couple of months and I've spent half of that in the Army (Reserve/training). I just got license plates today. We'll have to check it out. Is it The Landing Steak & Seafood?

Last edited by brenn; 09-12-2008 at 03:24 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:22 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by wilburz
would you like to go out and shoot a doe right before she gives birth or leave her 2 week old fawn motherless and left to die? I believe that is one reason they have hunting seasons.
Hell no....if I could get away without using up a tag, I'd shoot the 2 week old too - maybe serve it with an apple in it's mouth and call it "roast suckling deer."

Last edited by brenn; 09-12-2008 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:27 PM
Joe Diver
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by brenn
Hell no....if I could get away without using up a tag, I'd shoot the 2 week old too - maybe serve it with an apple in it's mouth and call it "sucking deer."
LOL...you mean "suckling"?

NM...I see you caught that.....

Last edited by Joe Diver; 09-12-2008 at 03:28 PM. Reason: additional comment.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:34 PM
tallboy56
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All you hunters take a doe this time instead of trophy hunting...better meat anyway.

Old 09-12-2008, 06:27 PM
bcox
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lionsm13
I just sent this to everyone I know. ROTFLMAO

Old 09-12-2008, 06:32 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by bcox
I just sent this to everyone I know. ROTFLMAO
Now thats funny chit there!!!

Old 09-12-2008, 06:36 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Some cager hit a turkey with her car one day and picked it up with a blanket and put it in her back seat I stopped and told her that wasn't a very good idea burt she wanted no advice from me! I could just see that thing floppin around in her car a few miles down the road!!!

Old 09-12-2008, 06:44 PM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I plan on being in a tree tomorrow morning (openin' day) long before first light,my trusty Black Locust self-bow in my hand with a wooden arrow with a razor sharp broadhead resting on it...waiting...waiting..
Just doing my part to keep deer off the highways.
..and in my freezer.

Quick Reply: Freakin deer.....may need a new seat..