General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Freakin deer.....may need a new seat..

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 09:16 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 667 Likes on 414 Posts

We're getting close to the rut, when deer lose their minds. Y'all be careful out there!

Old 09-12-2008, 09:42 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

The deer population in NE Ohio in 1970 was about 70,000. Today it is 750,000 We need open season on Bambi lovers first THEN Bambi.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:52 AM
Chaos
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya, one tried to drag race me the other day. No kidding, she came out of nowhere right beside me, I gassed it to get past her and she ran flat out right beside me as hard as she could, not 3 feet away. I didn't want her in front of me. Must have ran for 50 feet like that. Luckily for her and me she turned right, not left and not into me. Had Mama with me and she was like, "WTF was THAT??" lol

Old 09-12-2008, 10:09 AM
Joe Diver
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Although we do have deer around here, it's not considered "deer country" like in other places. I only had one cross the road in front of me this summer but it was 100+ yards ahead.

Doesn't mean I'm not ever vigilant though!

Old 09-12-2008, 10:17 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Diver
Although we do have deer around here, it's not considered "deer country" like in other places. I only had one cross the road in front of me this summer but it was 100+ yards ahead.

Doesn't mean I'm not ever vigilant though!
Had one cross in a full speed run in front of my riding buddy ( 1 foot in front of his front tire ) I was about 10 feet staggered behind him. 1 foot closer and that fricking deer would have taken us both down. Major underwear cleanout time afterwards...

Old 09-12-2008, 10:48 AM
TequilaJohn
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, I thought we had a buncha deer down here in East TN...but, on our way down I-81 thru PA this past June, I lost count of the dead deer layin beside the road, on the road, and all over the road...somewhere south of Scranton, to near 'bout to the state line...never seen anything like it! Anyone here from PA? Is that common for that area? Or was it some kinda freak phenom? The only creatures we see that many dead in the road down here are possums 'n skunks.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:37 AM
wilburz
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I heard PA is the deer capital of the US. Also saw a story on tv a few years back that a guy who picks up road kill in PA makes over 100,000.00 a year.

Old 09-12-2008, 12:11 PM
Joe Diver
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wilburz
I heard PA is the deer capital of the US. Also saw a story on tv a few years back that a guy who picks up road kill in PA makes over 100,000.00 a year.
Mental Note: Don't buy venison in PA......

Old 09-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Chaos
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Diver
Mental Note: Don't buy venison in PA......
ROFLMAO.

100K? Thats a lot of deer salame and jerky

I think I just grossed myself out.

Last edited by Chaos; 09-12-2008 at 12:17 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:47 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by TequilaJohn
Man, I thought we had a buncha deer down here in East TN...but, on our way down I-81 thru PA this past June, I lost count of the dead deer layin beside the road, on the road, and all over the road...somewhere south of Scranton, to near 'bout to the state line...never seen anything like it! Anyone here from PA? Is that common for that area? Or was it some kinda freak phenom? The only creatures we see that many dead in the road down here are possums 'n skunks.
I live in PA and the deer have their own crossings here! They put up special signs in the fall on Interstate #79 to tell you just that! A big ole flashing sign! I counted as many as 15 in a 3 mile stretch laying along the road. The deer population here is overwhelming from all the building the hunting has been either restricted or banned by property owners and tree huggers who don't want Bambi killed or hurt. They do complain though when they eat all their shrubs they plant or destroy their cars when they hit them. There are some nights riding I think it would be better to stay home but loud pipes do scare them off in a lot of cases! they tell you not to blow your horn or flash your lights at them because they just get confused and run in circles in front of you.

Quick Reply: Freakin deer.....may need a new seat..