Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nightster - Honest opinions

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 03:46 PM
BRYANDENNY71
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nightster - Honest opinions

I've been riding dirtbikes my whole life and I've always wanted a Harley. Now that I have a chance to get one I'm wondering what everyones opinions are. I like the old school Harleys so I really took to the Nightster when I saw one. Its also fairly cheap and I really like the styling of it. All I hear is oh the sprtsters are chick bikes but I'm not ready to listen to that because I really dont think the nightster is a sportster. It may have the same frame and motor but thats about it. I would like to know what peoples honest opinions are on this bike. This will be my first road bike if that makes a difference.

Thanks guys.

Bryan

Here is a picture of what direction I would take mine.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:55 PM
SgtThump
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Personally, I think the Nightster is one of the best looking bikes the MoCo makes right now. I too love that old school bobber look and that Nightster in the pic above has been tweaked to look FANTASTIC!

I would love to have a Nightster to go along with my RK.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:57 PM
SloChicken
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well, first off,

IMO, It is a sportster.

That is okay
I think it is a great bike if that is what you want. I wouldn't have any problem running around on one. To me that bike is a really great around town rat bike, you can do day rides on it, or even do the occasional 2 day or so.
I wouldn't pay much attention to the haters. Everybody has an *******, er uh, I mean, opinion.
I think I would look at how you intend to ride it, your budget, or even how much you will be riding 2 up.

Unless you are exceptionally small, you may want to consider one of the touring line. They are not hard to ride and handle quite well.
The same could be said for the dynas. Street bobs are along the line of the nightster too.
Then the nightster looks pretty nice itself, and it probably goes good too.

Anyway, you probably are quite confused enough now, so I will end it at that.

Sincerely,

Someone with an Electra Glide.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:06 PM
confederate
Most Wanted
Received 806 Likes on 392 Posts

I love my N. I sold my BT to get it. I have not regretted it for a minute. I have ridden plenty of bikes in my 30+ years of riding and can tell you that this bike is just plain fun to ride. The style of the bike is what captured me. It is a sportster with different styling. I love sportsters and always have. With the mods I have done it goes like a raped ape. What's not to love? I love the old school hot rod look. Those who knock the sportster are worth their salt, ignore them.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:39 PM
lp johnny
Road Captain

I'm not sure why Sporties get that.."oh it's just a sportster"..thing
I think they are pretty cool...esp the Nightster.
Different bikes for different needs...
If it does what you need...go for it
It's a Harley..

Old 09-11-2008, 04:55 PM
caffeine_fueled
Advanced

i like the nightster as well. my only problem would be, i'm a big guy (6' 260lbs), so i might look like a clown on it.

i saw one a few weeks ago that was flat olive/black and it looked great.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Hidalgo
Tourer

I personally don't like the looks of the Nightster. But then again, you probably don't like the looks of my Deluxe. That's what makes the world go around. Get what YOU think fits your style and what looks good to you.

And as far as the Sportys being "girl's bikes", I had a 1200 before I got my softail. Anyone who thinks it's wimpy needs to twist the throttle on a 1200 sometime. Got to be the quickest bike I've ridden in a long time. They aren't for the faint of heart or for a rookie rider, IMO.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:20 PM
hardpill
Cruiser

I don't know why their called girly bikes either. Mostly by people who don't even ride. First off their not easy to ride, they have a high center. Second they have a great power to weight ratio. A sportster is an unmistakeable american icon, a strong history. Lately I've been seeing more chics on fatboys and deluxes, are them chic bikes? I own a softail and a sportster. I likes 'em both.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:24 PM
XXXRacing
Road Warrior

Nighsters are a great bike. By no means a girl's bike. Here's my buddy's:

Old 09-11-2008, 05:28 PM
Mcathcart
Cruiser

Denny, did you say "Fairly Cheap"? Not the ones I've seen for Sale (or that sold). I like the scooter but... I think it's over priced. Ten thousand bucks for a Sporty is not cheap in my book and that's for the Used ones I've seen. Don't worry about it being called a "sissy" bike I bet most all of use have owned at least one Sportster. I'd like to rev it up and dump the clutch one time.

Quick Reply: Nightster - Honest opinions