General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prescription Riding Glasses?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 03:07 PM
dobeman21
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prescription Riding Glasses?

I just got my second order for prescription riding glasses and in both cases the glasses realy distorted my vision. Has anyone else had this problem and know of some frames that won't distort my vision, and where can I get them? Thanks.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:11 PM
glide2005
Supporter
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Don't know you mean by rideing glasses.I just use my regular glasses,one pair with clear lens and the other dark.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:19 PM
dobeman21
Cruiser

Originally Posted by glide2005
Don't know you mean by rideing glasses.I just use my regular glasses,one pair with clear lens and the other dark.
Specific frames that are designed not to let much air in around the eyes (padded on the inside).

Old 09-11-2008, 03:22 PM
reddfinn
Cruiser

My optometrist made prescription lens for Wiley-X frames with no distortion. Made both clear and tinted, as the lens are removable from the frames. Really liked them. I've since had lasik, which is even better.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:23 PM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wear contact lenses. Occasionally I ride with my glasses but my perception of everything changes. Everything looks farther away.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:25 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by dobeman21
I just got my second order for prescription riding glasses and in both cases the glasses realy distorted my vision. Has anyone else had this problem and know of some frames that won't distort my vision, and where can I get them? Thanks.
Bought a pair of clear and tinted down at Biketoberfest three years ago. The inside comes out held by small magnets in the frame and you have your lenses put in those. You can switch them from one pair to the other. They cost me $15.00 for the two pair and the lenses I had made here at home for $50.00. Never noticed any distortion but I don't see that well anymore!

Old 09-11-2008, 03:45 PM
paguy
Road Captain

The only times I've known of distortion with script lenses are when either the doc gave a bad script or the eyeglass manufactor goofed. This year I got two pair of glasses. On trans, bi-focal from eyeland. The other ,I took eyelands script to sears and got a pair of rec specs ,to ride with.
A big difference in clarity. The sears specs are like looking through a good nikon. I got transition, no line bifocals; they are not safety glass. Enjoy them and would rear them as my regular daily.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:56 PM
steveoh62
Cruiser

I just got my first pair of prescription sun/riding glasses. I got them from www.sportrx.com. I got a pair of Panoptyx Diablo's with a removable eye seal. I had to get the RX adaptors because of my prescription, but I get no distortion through the lenses. They specialize in prescriptions on wrap-around glasses. And their prices are very competitive. I really like the glasses.

My experience with eyeglasses is that if you have distortion, the RX is incorrect. Your local optician should be able to tell you the prescription by checking the lenses.

Good luck!

Old 09-11-2008, 04:04 PM
memphis
Elite HDF Member

if the prescription is ok(good correction) and the optician did a good job
there couldn't be distortion.
maybe u have to get the glasses back to the optometrist fer a check

Old 09-11-2008, 04:07 PM
wolfman 66
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have both Panopics and Wileyx. No problems. But i like the Wilex better.

Quick Reply: Prescription Riding Glasses?