General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chain Wallets

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 05:32 AM
Bossman1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had one for twenty years and it was slap wore out. My good bro adam(RIP) was into leather working and honored me with an elaborate one with very fine embossing in 1994
for my bday and it will be restitced and repaired until I no longer need it...FOK anyone that thinks its a fashion statement its a wallet!!

Old 09-12-2008, 05:57 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

No way for me,always make sure wallet is secure before riding.Same with fingerless gloves and dew rag,no way!My opinion only!

Old 09-12-2008, 06:34 AM
Ole Coyote
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't tell you what I carry in my back pocket, but it goes bang, bang and has no chain.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:11 AM
pottsy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't carried a wallet in my back pocket in years as it cause my back to hurt. some stupid nerve thing, even though my wallet is not think by any means. Wallet goes in my front pocket or my jacket pocket.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:28 AM
Cola Harley
Cruiser

I wore a chain Wallet in high school and in my early twenties. Wife bought me a chainless "Colts" wallet b/c she hated the chain. Thinking about getting a new one just to rile her up!

Old 09-12-2008, 07:38 AM
tnez
Intermediate

Ya i have one too. After last year riding one day stoped to put gas and no wallet, started to get a little worred i had no gas and no wallet. What to do so i back tracked to the last place i was at and guess what there it was on the ground, no one had tuched it. so the very next day went out and got a wallet with a chain havent lost it since. I dont care what people say about it i know what its for.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:11 AM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by laz263
Got dumped off the bike one time by a cager on a cell phone. Hit on my left hip/butt area, tore my pants nearly off, destroyed my cell phone, and stripped the wallet out of my back pocket. The cop who responded to the crash found the wallet on the curb about 20 feet away. Since then, everything in my pockets has gone into the saddle bag, and since I got the Ultra, into the tourpak.

Plus, remember the words of Jeff Foxworthy: If your dog and your wallet are on a chain, you just might be a redneck.
Well call me a redneck then why don't you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-12-2008, 08:11 AM
Mark g
Outstanding HDF Member

I've got a chain wallet, Assless chaps, fingerless gloves,HD T-shirt,HD Jacket and I ride a sportster. I must be the gayist damn poser in town!

Old 09-12-2008, 08:21 AM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Joe Diver
I could care less what people think about my chain wallet.

I would much rather endure the ire of the fashion police (I don't care anyway) than the agony of a lost wallet.

Chain wallet = peace of mind. IMHO.
Originally Posted by confederate
I agree. I have had my chain wallet for at least the past twenty years and use it everyday. I don't give a rat's a$$ what others think. Those who worry what others think are posers. Get out of the way poser, I'm comin through.
+1. Also I have a friend who lost his son years ago in a motorcycle accident and because his wallet was lost in the wreck (non-chained wallet) my friend was not notified for some time because they did not know the identity of the person killed. my friends sons body sat in the morgue for almost three days before any family was notified. I would not wish that on anyone.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:24 AM
GONZEE
Outstanding HDF Member

why do i waste my time clicking on these " whats fashinable" posts..its called being an individual, YOU wear what YOU want and SHUT THE F#*# UP ABOUT WHAT I WEAR!

Quick Reply: Chain Wallets