General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chain Wallets

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 03:29 PM
guitarman777
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine started as a fashion thing in 1997 in 11th grade. Now that I'm a rider it's become much more function.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:32 PM
yankeeflyer72
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I`ve heard that one of them "Chain Drive Wallets" means you`re Hardcore....

Old 09-11-2008, 03:49 PM
laz
Extreme HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 9,633 Likes on 3,439 Posts

Got dumped off the bike one time by a cager on a cell phone. Hit on my left hip/butt area, tore my pants nearly off, destroyed my cell phone, and stripped the wallet out of my back pocket. The cop who responded to the crash found the wallet on the curb about 20 feet away. Since then, everything in my pockets has gone into the saddle bag, and since I got the Ultra, into the tourpak.

Plus, remember the words of Jeff Foxworthy: If your dog and your wallet are on a chain, you just might be a redneck.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Rebel Ryder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

have chain wallet will wear. don't care how/what others judge by it!
funny the things people will say on the net but not in person.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:11 PM
confederate
Most Wanted
Received 806 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Diver
I could care less what people think about my chain wallet.

I would much rather endure the ire of the fashion police (I don't care anyway) than the agony of a lost wallet.

Chain wallet = peace of mind. IMHO.
I agree. I have had my chain wallet for at least the past twenty years and use it everyday. I don't give a rat's a$$ what others think. Those who worry what others think are posers. Get out of the way poser, I'm comin through.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Spade115
Banned

Originally Posted by will227457
I made my own chain for my wallet, well I went and bought a beefy chain at the home depot and hooked it up to my wallet...looks cool I think
I kinda went that route, Ive been wearing a chain on my wallet for over 15 yrs, got my first one when I was 5. I bought two welded chains 2 ft long each, for a dog (Because they were welded and girls kept barking at me when they saw me...woof woof...) Hacksawed threw the end of one and made my own 4 ft chain. Its one of the first things that set off alarms, but not the only thing. Ive gone to the airport and courthouse and I could probably sneak a weapon in if I wanted to, my boots, chain, rings, bracelet (an old Aztec/Mayan bracelet, with a warrior put, Silver and some other metals that havent been catagorized) and my belt. If I can put a picture or two up when I get home I will. But I like the way my chain is.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Jimbo60
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by confederate
I agree. I have had my chain wallet for at least the past twenty years and use it everyday. I don't give a rat's a$$ what others think. Those who worry what others think are posers. Get out of the way poser, I'm comin through.
+1

.......... Jim

Old 09-11-2008, 04:38 PM
deadman77
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 89 Posts

Poser?

I really dont care. Almost lost my wallet awhile back. Got the chain one now.
I know exactly where my wallet is.
MikeM

Old 09-11-2008, 04:47 PM
00FXDWG
Novice

I don't know about being a poser or whatever, but I bought mine about 10 years ago because I liked it, not because I thought it made me look like this or that, I just liked it.
We went to 6 Flags over Texas theme park (bought my FXDWG later that day after we left the park coincidentally) and when I walked in the security dick stopped me and had to measure my chain and told me in his toughest out-of-shape rent a cop voice that if it had been any longer they wouldn't have been able to allow me to carry it in because they would have considered it a weapon. I looked at that dumb bastard and laughed at him. I know he was just doin his job, but to suck in the gut and talk to me like he was tough...damn that was funny. That's a great way to get me to come back there lol.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can't leave a wallet : on your seat, on the counter, on the gas pump, behind on the bike, in your other jacket or on the road after it slips out if you have the ***** on a chain.

Took a 40ft slide off the back on impact at 70 mph on my backside and the chained in wallet took the brunt of the abrasion.

Usually wear Dickies carpenter jeans and put my chained wallet in the pocket on the outside of my left thigh.

Pose this.

Primo

Quick Reply: Chain Wallets