General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ha/iron pigs discussion on leo biker forum

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 07:23 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by baxter
i like the point someone made that had the situation been reversed. the HA surely wouldnt get the same treatment in court as a cop. ill wait to a verdict is posted. they either are going to make an example of this cop or let him slip thru on some lesser charge. i have a feeling its gona turn to bs
Or once the facts are aired in public (court) it may turn out just as it should.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:21 PM
RIDEIRISH
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damm the guys over there are just as impassioned about this topic as we are over here....

And there seems to be just as many sides too....

That SA13 guy is more stubborn then me, holy cow I never thought I'd find a more stubborn guy then me.....

Maybe I'll go over there and jump in.....Nah, you guys are keeping me busy enough...lol

Old 09-10-2008, 08:31 PM
l.ray
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since the HA/IP thread started, I have ridden 1,867 miles on my scoot. l.ray

Old 09-10-2008, 08:51 PM
fastjoe
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

"FACTS: The LEO's were all patched members of the Iron Pigs MC (not my club, just to let all know). They were in the American RoadHouse bar at around 1 a.m. on the far side from the door. The HA's were near the entrance to the RH. A PROSPECT HA kept eyeing and throwing jestures at the IP's. The PROSPECT walked over to the IP's and began to curse them, tell them they could not wear their colors in "Their Bar". One of the IP's told the PROSPECT HA to go away they were not looking for any trouble. The PROSPECT then knocked the IP to the ground and began kicking him in the head. A full patch HA (weighed about 350 lbs) blocked the other 4 IP's from assisting their buddy. The IP drew his firearm and shot the PROSPECT HA in the knee and in the gut."

No way of knowing whether that is truely fact. Somehow though it seems likely to me that is what happened. It would explain why only ONE Hells Angel is facing charges. In my opinion if you think you're bad enough to wear a three piece patch, you should be bad enough to fight with your fists. LEO or not.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:03 PM
mjunk1
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

I haven't weighed in on this until now since I am a member of neither - just someone that doesn't want to get caught in any crossfire. But here's my nagging feeling after reading a bunch of these posts....

In a nutshell, why do the LEOs need to form a club that imitates an 1% club when they are already in a "club" all to themselves? I mean what percentage of the population is LE? Can't be much more than the percentage that is in a MC. There's an old saying about not being able to serve two masters and it seems to me they are splitting their loyalties - who comes first, the LE agency "club" or the MC?

The idea of joining a MC really appeals to me, but truthfully, I've made my committment to my religion/family and I absolutely will not put something ahead of that. So how could I be loyal to club? Can't serve two masters.

How can an LEO be loyal to his committment to protect and serve and still back his friends if they get out of hand? Too many choices and it makes things really messy.

Just for the record, I have a great deal of respect for LEOs and generally think most are doing their best to keep people safe and go home at night to their families. And the few 1%ers I have known seemed to want to keep each other safe and go home at night as well.

Just my .02