General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rports are filtering in, stage1 and slipons with NO remapping.

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008 | 10:38 AM
Fear Night
Tourer

The remap really unleashes the power of the mods, I'm not sure why you wouldn't do the remap. Takes all of about 5 minutes to plug up and load a map.

Old 09-10-2008 | 10:48 AM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member

My 05 EG with stage one and dealer download runs great,my stock Sportster with a 1/2" hole in each baffle out runs my friends 96" 07 with sert,dyno tune and stage one easily.It's kind of fun to out run a guy that has just spent big bucks for a 95' kit and cam with my stock girlie bike.

Old 09-10-2008 | 11:08 AM
hacksawsgarage
|
Cruiser

hildago- thank you.
fear night- i have no doubt that tuning in the mods would definitely unleash alot. but does it have to be done, TODAY! i would like to think i can find the pipes i like, the AC i like, and tread the waters of PC, XIED, SERT, and all the other aphabet sand traps there seems to be strewn all over the course. i dont want to spend 2k more (pipes, remap, AC, etc etc etc... ) at one time, especially financed at 7% for 6 years from hardly-ablesom financial. not to mention my town taxes yearly based on the value of the machine as bought. i can also buy my accessories outside of Ct. saving another 6%.

Old 09-10-2008 | 11:31 AM
tano01
Road Captain

AI Mag ran something to this nature in last month's issue. It'll be interesting to see if their is any fallout from it.

Old 09-10-2008 | 11:39 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Reality

Reality is, you can do anything to any bike. You can run straight drags with no air cleaner, it will run. Will it be good for it? You have to decide, it's your investment. You can run the cheapest gas possible, maybe you won't notice any problems ............ today. The thing is, do your research, be smart and don't rush.

Old 09-10-2008 | 06:36 PM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member

I have a SE air cleaner, Bassani slip ons and NO Stage 1.Bike runs excellent. I let it warm up for a minute or two to let the computer figure it out.

Old 09-10-2008 | 06:54 PM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member

What about V & H Long Shots? No new AC...Nada! Just pipes. Do I still need to do a re-map for just the pipes?

Old 09-10-2008 | 11:36 PM
rydermike
Road Warrior

nope! the 02 sensors tell the bike whether or not to richen or lean the fuel mix , the XIED's are to fool the ecu into making it slightly richer ... a GOOD thing if only doing slipons/pipes and or intake.

Old 09-11-2008 | 01:15 AM
LilBudyWizer
Road Warrior

Personally, I didn't put a high flow ac on my bike simply to allow me to cruise at 60 mph down the highway using less throttle. I bought it for those times when the throttle is wide open. As such I care more about open loop than closed loop. I don't want to give up part of the benefit of the ac due to running lean when I open the throttle up. I don't see the relevance of arguing whether the ecm can or can't adapt in a range that has nothing to do with why I put the part on the bike.

Old 09-11-2008 | 04:39 AM
jkoch09ultra
Road Master

My 09 UC with the stage 1 download does not seem to be overly lean. My 06 was so hot I could not sit on it at a light and went into heat management until I got a PCIII. New bike does not pop on decel and the heat is not to bad at a light. They may have improved the stage 1 download. Great performance increase over stock. I will probably get some type of fuel management system in the future but things are great for now.

Quick Reply: rports are filtering in, stage1 and slipons with NO remapping.