General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need a good attorney!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 05:43 PM
Gliderguy2008
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need a good attorney!!!

I purchased a new 08 FXDC in May of this year. Immediately upon leaving the dealership with my new bike i could tell there was something wrong with it. The bike was tracking wierd down the road. I was having to push on the right handlebar really hard just to keep the bike going straight. just to see what would happen, I let go of the handlebars and the bike Immediately dove hard to the left. the next day after purchasing the bike I called my local dealer and told them what was going on. I brought the bike back to them within the week. At that time it had approx. 200 miles on it as I live about 40 miles from the dealer. The dealer checked it out and said everything was okay. Took the bike back home and immediately itreacted the same way. I called them back and they said to ride it till the 1000 mile service and they would look at it then. They did notice that the front fender was not straight so they ordered me a new one. At the 1000 mile service the mechanic notice that the front forks were not even. he straightened them out and magically the fender centered itself. Rear motor mount was loose also. I had told them to check the mounts because my wife said there was a terrible vibration in the rear of the bike. So, once they tightened the mount the vibration went away. But, again they could find nothing wrong with the bike that would cause a tracking issue and they insisted that they felt nothing was wrong.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Gliderguy2008
Novice
Default I need a good attorney!! (continued)

But, once i got on the bike to take it home. the tracking was still not right. The bike now has 4000 miles on it and has been in the shop numerous times. the service manager at my local shop agrees that there is definately something wrong with this machine. the rear motor m ount keeps getting losse and the bike still falls hard to the left. It appears to me that there could be some correlation between the two issues. (Maybe the frame is tweeked?) Harley has told the serve manager to tell me that they are done trying to remedy this and that my bike is completely normal. I NEED AN ATTORNEY!! The question is: If my bike is normal, what is wrong with all the other bikes that don't do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am sorry for the long post but, as you can probalby tell, I am almost out of options here. Thanks

Old 09-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Medicfrost
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Try taking it to a different dealer. A second opinion is always helpful.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:50 PM
juspasnthru
Cruiser

I wonder if the Wheels are centered?

Old 09-09-2008, 05:52 PM
Bowtieman31
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to go to a different dealer and have the bike checked out. Rear wheel alignment can cause this problem. Get the bike checked out by another dealer. If they give you the same story, contact Customer Service at HD. The attorney should be about the last option. Give HD a chance to fix your problem. If you don't get satisfaction then hire an attorney.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Tinkermc
Outstanding HDF Member

check out another dealer if he says are screwy find a lawyer and sue for punitive damages against H~D also.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:54 PM
Gliderguy2008
Novice

I am going to take it to another dealer. But the problem is not necessarily with my dealer at this point. The service manager at my dealer agrees with me. But he has been told by Harley Corporate that the service ticket on this issue on this bike is done and he is not toaddress this situation any further.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:57 PM
Gliderguy2008
Novice

I just got off the phone with Customer service and they told me that is is normal for a bike to pull like that. they said nothing further will be done. As far as I am concerned I have given them almost 4 months to get this right. More than enough time and chances. I have basically run out of options. I don't care what Harley says, a bike that pulls hard to one side or the other is NOT normal!! Like I said ....If mine is normal...what is wrong with the millions of bikes that don't pull????

Old 09-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Chubby
Road Captain

Listen carefully to what I'm about to say... DOCUMENTATION.
Keep a record of everything... when you called them.. write it down.
Get the second opinion in writing.
when you ride... write it down.
when you take a dump... write it down.
You can win a case on documentation alone.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:02 PM
Bowtieman31
Road Master

I agree Gliderguy, time to take a different route. I don't know what state you live in, but in California there is a Lemon Law. Basically if your vehicle has been in the shop more than three times with the same problem you can get refunded the cost of the vehicle. Check on this in your state. Good luck on this one.

Quick Reply: I need a good attorney!!!