General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need a good attorney!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 05:00 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What good is an HD warranty lately? Heres a guy with maybe a legit gripe and a dealer that has been hog-tied by the MoCo. If your state has a lemon law then use it. Go talk to an attorney which will cost you aprrox 3% of final outcome,show him/her your records-very important!The MoCo will bend rather than fight this.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:10 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"Time to ask the dealership owner who his liability carrier and attorney are."

Does this really matter? The dealership is not the manufacturer. They handle the warranty service for the MOCO. Would H-D be the company you file suit against?

Agreed the ultimate beef is with the MoCo but you always try to resolve matters such as this first at the local level.

If he's smart the dealership owner will avoid even the slightest chance of being dragged into a lawsuit and any bad press that might go along with it.

Better to have the owner fight with the MoCo on your behalf then some Joe Schmoe vs. the mighty MoCo.

Primo

Last edited by Primo; 09-10-2008 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:57 PM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member
Received 158 Likes on 119 Posts

Glider, I don't see how you can justify letting your wife ride on a bike that has an "obvious safety issue". "She rides all the time with me". If that's true, then you have knowingly put her at risk for 4K miles. That's not the MoCo's or the Dealer's fault, it's yours. And it won't make a lot of sense in court either, if this is where this ends up.
If the bike is unsafe to ride, then stop riding it until it gets fixed or replaced. If you continue to ride it in its present condition, then the only logical conclusion that we can draw is that, whatever it's quirks, the bike is safe to ride.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member
Received 158 Likes on 119 Posts

Also, don't let the dealership off the hook. You bought a new bike from them in good faith based on their reputation as a stand up dealership. They are the ones that need to make the bike right for you. You shouldn't give a tinker's damn about what the MoCo says, that's the dealership's problem, not yours. (And do you really know for certain that they've talked to the MoCo about this? Maybe the Service Department was responsbile for damaging the bike and doesn't want to bring it to the attention of the MoCo or possibly the Owner....?) By the dealership appearing to be on your side, it takes the heat off of them. Oldest trick in the book. The longer they can keep you riding the bike and piling up miles, the more likely you'll just give up and keep the bike as is. Keep the heat on the dealership to make this right, and don't let them play you against the MoCo.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:43 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

So does it do this at highway speeds, slow speeds or all the time?

Old 09-10-2008, 07:03 PM
SoftTailTim71
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gliderguy2008
I called them back and they said to ride it till the 1000 mile service and they would look at it then.
I wouldn't ride 1 mile on a bike pulling hard to one side, tell them to make it right..., or else!!!

Old 09-10-2008, 08:32 PM
grimreaper169
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have you taken it to a pro and let him ride it yet? If so what did he say? If not why not?

Old 09-10-2008, 09:22 PM
JohnK-NJ
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Could you ride this bike "no handed" by shifting you weight slightly or does it pull too hard to do that?

Old 09-10-2008, 09:25 PM
mcmcd123
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are any attorneys good? Good luck!

Old 09-10-2008, 10:11 PM
imjdoggie
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

OP you need a lemon law lawyer, bottom line. I used one for my last car it was a brand new 32k sports car and it was in and out of the shop for months for a tranny problem. I had to fax him all the paperwork, take it back to the dealer one more time so someone from the manufacturer could inspect the car. They replaced the whole tranny, throwout bearing, clutch, flywheel and gave me a 100000 mile powertrain warranty plus $7500 but the lawyer took $2500. You need to make sure you keep all your paperwork or get paperwork for all the times you were there. They have to have it on record somewhere so either get that or keep it all together and call a lemon law attorney tomorrow!!!! Good luck I hope it all works out for you.

Quick Reply: I need a good attorney!!!