General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need a good attorney!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 06:20 AM
joeking
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Road King had a similar problem when I bought it in 2005. After doing some research I did find it was common for a bike, especially Road Kings, to pull like this. No it is not right. I also fought with dealer and finallyu gave up. It is usually a misalignment of the rear wheel. Mine was not bad but I could not ride with no hands because it would pull to the right. After having my tire changed it rides true as can be. I had an indy replace the tire, he did good. Your biggest obstical will be the 4000 miles you have put on the bike since you bought it. I would find it difficult to side with you if I were an arbitrator.
Good luck.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:59 AM
merdahl
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Glider,

Something else is strange here. Why would you go from Oregon (no sales tax) to Washington (sales tax) to buy a new vehicle? Sounds like a $1500 mistake to me.

Matt

Old 09-10-2008, 07:11 AM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by merdahl
Glider,

Something else is strange here. Why would you go from Oregon (no sales tax) to Washington (sales tax) to buy a new vehicle? Sounds like a $1500 mistake to me.

Matt
You pay the sales tax in the state you Reg. the bike in not where you buy it.

Old 09-10-2008, 07:18 AM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Trock
You pay the sales tax in the state you Reg. the bike in not where you buy it.
+1. Oregon buyers are exempted from Washington sales tax. All you have to do is show ID, sign a form and you're golden. That's even if buying a consumer item like clothing.

Portland OR and Vancouver WA are right together - only separated by bridges over the Columbia River. Many from WA cross the river to shop at malls restuarants, etc. No sales tax.

WA passed their no tax for OR residents to stay competitive.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:49 AM
SecretAgent
Cruiser

i have the exact same problem with my 08 fxdb. i haven't had a chance to take it back to the dealer though, although i don't feel its that serious a problem. most likely it's either a rear wheel misalignment, or a bad front/rear tire. although, i don't have the loosening rear motor mount that you describe...maybe i should check though.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:09 AM
SloChicken
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would look at engine alignment, make sure your triples are aligned. On a stock bike, this should be where the problem is.
Not sure why you need the lawyer tho.

Man, everybody wants to turn to a lawyer these days.
Okay, end rant.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:12 AM
FXSTDSE2
Outstanding HDF Member

I think I read that the dealer told him to ride it because it might or will get better, then dismissed it as normal per corporate when problem became unresolvable. Also, they may be hopping you haven't complained about it 3 or more times.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:13 AM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by SloChicken
I would look at engine alignment, make sure your triples are aligned. On a stock bike, this should be where the problem is.
Not sure why you need the lawyer tho.

Man, everybody wants to turn to a lawyer these days.
Okay, end rant.

I agree that in this era, running to lawyers has gotten out of hand.

However, when you spend $20,000.00 + on something, and it has something drastically wrong with it, and the maker won't fix it, you have little recourse. It's time for legal action.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:42 AM
Hal64hd
Road Master

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts

The longer you wait, the weaker your case gets IMHO

Old 09-10-2008, 12:16 PM
intempestivus
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go see a lawyer about lemon law potential. If you have documentation on everything that has happened you should come out okay.

I wouldn't bother with another HD dealer because they will just pull up the service history on the computer and they are not likely to throw another dealer under the bus. If you want a second opinion, go to an independent shop.

If it were me I'd get a lawyer and then sue for a refund and legal expenses. Sometimes calling the service dept. and telling them that is your plan will do the trick but most of the time they are willing to call your bluff.

Quick Reply: I need a good attorney!!!