General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need a good attorney!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 10:36 PM
Chubby
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ezriderpgh
From what I know of the Lemon Laws the mfg. is responsible for lawyer fees, win or lose. It's an added incentive for the mfgs to make things right before a suit.
Ya' Baby!... that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

Old 09-09-2008, 11:11 PM
milodog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you get a lawyer, make sure you tell him or her about this thread.... they may or may not want this information public... especially the part where you are planning your response to cross examination...

sorry to hear about your problems... I hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction...

Old 09-09-2008, 11:34 PM
Born2Glide
Road Master

Gliderguy2008...
"I purchased a new 08 FXDC in May of this year. Immediately upon leaving the dealership with my new bike i could tell there was something wrong with it. The bike was tracking wierd down the road. I was having to push on the right handlebar really hard just to keep the bike going straight. just to see what would happen, I let go of the handlebars and the bike Immediately dove hard to the left."

Personally I think you need to have your head examined, Didn't you test ride it first? 4000 miles! come on man are you out of your mind or what? If this bike is as bad as you say it is you were just crazy not to take it back right then and tell them thanks but no thanks, this thing is a piece of ****. Who would keep something that bad and put 4k on it. Did you think it was going to fix itself? Maybe I missed something here, but this sounds a little strange to me.

Old 09-09-2008, 11:34 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Gliderguy2008
I purchased a new 08 FXDC in May of this year. Immediately upon leaving the dealership with my new bike i could tell there was something wrong with it.
... but you went ahead and drove it home, rather than turning around and immediately heading back to the dealer. Why?

Old 09-09-2008, 11:42 PM
Chubby
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take the 5th... take the 5th

Old 09-10-2008, 04:56 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Trock
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't a motorcycle fall under the RV section of the lemon law and not covered.
Like everything else, it depends on what your state's law says - it isn't federal law. In Kentucky it doesn't include motorcycles, but in other states it might. Regardless of that, he can probably get a similar result through common contract law and a lawyer who handles "lemon law" cases is going to be a good choice either way.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:16 AM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Hope you get an attorney as until you do you will keep getting the run around like you sound like you have been thus far. Kepp us posted how it plays out. And good luck.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:42 AM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffl0924
I agree, you need to document everything, get it checked out by a profeesional instructor or the like, get the documentation on EVERYTHING, and STOP RIDING THE DAMN THING, if you have a case you damage it every time you ride the bike. You cant ride it all over the place, and then try to sue them on the grounds that the bike is not right and not safe to ride. Trailer it to the dealer. Personally I would have turned it around and not even taken it home. Good Luck.
+1 if you have kept riding it for 4K miles and you think it's totally unsafe since you first rode it, then you sue, that's the first thing an opposing attorney would ask you in a deposition, why are you still riding it??

Old 09-10-2008, 05:46 AM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Ok, a little googling turned up the Better Business Bureau's web site section on lemon laws. If you follow this link and scroll down, there's a drop-down box to choose the state, in this case Washington. It may be that motorcycles are covered since it seems to exclude only motorhomes.

http://*******.com/67ngkp

The single problem I see is a statement that a vehicle is covered if it is sold in Washington and initially registered in Washington. I would think that might affect you since you probably registered it in Oregon? I can't tell if that affects you.

There is a link where you can contact the BBB and they have an arbitration service, and will answer questions. Might be worth a try.

No legit business likes to have the BBB on their azz.

Good luck,

JB

Last edited by JBaker421; 09-10-2008 at 07:13 AM.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:53 AM
BlueT
Advanced

Originally Posted by Born2Glide
Gliderguy2008...
"I purchased a new 08 FXDC in May of this year. Immediately upon leaving the dealership with my new bike i could tell there was something wrong with it. The bike was tracking wierd down the road. I was having to push on the right handlebar really hard just to keep the bike going straight. just to see what would happen, I let go of the handlebars and the bike Immediately dove hard to the left."

Personally I think you need to have your head examined, Didn't you test ride it first? 4000 miles! come on man are you out of your mind or what? If this bike is as bad as you say it is you were just crazy not to take it back right then and tell them thanks but no thanks, this thing is a piece of ****. Who would keep something that bad and put 4k on it. Did you think it was going to fix itself? Maybe I missed something here, but this sounds a little strange to me.

Yep. 4000 miles is a lot of miles "hoping" it would fix itself or work out on it's own. It would have been best that first week to tell the dealer (and walk away if needed) to keep the bike until it's fixed or want a new one as you bought a new bike.

I'd think it's a hard position to defend with 4000 miles on it now but hopefully it works out for ya.

Quick Reply: I need a good attorney!!!