General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need a good attorney!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 06:18 PM
Gliderguy2008
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Topspin, I have to say that the service manager is trying to help me out. He feels as if his hands are tied at this point. He sadi he was going to talk to the sales manager and the owner of the dealership to see if there is any strings they can pull to make harley move on this. he doesn't want me to get an attorney. i told him that time is running out.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:21 PM
Chubby
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gliderguy2008
Topspin, I have to say that the service manager is trying to help me out. He feels as if his hands are tied at this point. He sadi he was going to talk to the sales manager and the owner of the dealership to see if there is any strings they can pull to make harley move on this. he doesn't want me to get an attorney. i told him that time is running out.
The ol' pass the buck! Bring him on the forum and we'll have a good ol' fashion kangeroo court... let us cross examine him.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:22 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

If the service manager backs you up, an upright dealer would have replaced the bike and dealt with corporate on their own. Another reason to get things taken care of quickly.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:28 PM
higg47
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JBaker421
I "think" the lemon law is Federal, but I don't know if it applies to motorcycles.
It applies to bikes in Mass. because that was one of the forms I had to initial at delivery. 3 strikes you're out in Mass. but it takes months to collect. I wouldn't put any more miles on that bike till this is settled because they will claim the problem was not that bad if you continued to ride it. Good luck.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:29 PM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Bowtieman31
You need to go to a different dealer and have the bike checked out. Rear wheel alignment can cause this problem. Get the bike checked out by another dealer. If they give you the same story, contact Customer Service at HD. The attorney should be about the last option. Give HD a chance to fix your problem. If you don't get satisfaction then hire an attorney.
+1. I'd take it somewhere else and pay to have the rear spokes checked, the rear wheel checked for runout and the rear wheel alignment checked. That's cheaper than an attorney. Or if you have a jack and spoke tools and a manual, you can do it. You can rig up a jig to check for runout.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:31 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What's done is done. Time to ask the dealership owner who his liability carrier and attorney are.

Make no threats. Just tell him you need this info for the attorney you will be hiring BEFORE you get killed on that bike and your heirs need the info.

Might shake him up into doing what's right and if not you have the beginning info for a lawsuit.

Agreed on the documentation. Keep records and notes on everything.

Good luck,
Primo

Old 09-09-2008, 06:32 PM
Chubby
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CROSS EXAMINATION: If the bike is so dangerous, why do you still ride it?

You better get on top of this like suggested above.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:35 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Gliderguy2008,

Aside from the state of frustration, what state do you live in?

We need to do some legal digging.

Primo
"I'm not a lawyer. I just play one on tv."

Old 09-09-2008, 07:00 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Do you have a Motorcycle safety course near you?
You might want a PROFESSIONAL safety person to ride your bike, and
in a statement write their opinion of the safety of your bike. Even if
you have to pay the safety person.
If the safety person agrees your bike is not safe........take that
statement, along with your attourneys business card to the dealer
(You should have an attourney as soon as the safety person tells you
your bike is un-safe).
Park your bike. Do NOT ride the bike once you get an PROFESSIONAL oppinion
that your bike is unsafe.
Don't worry about paying your attourney.......if you win (He'll know what to do).

Old 09-09-2008, 07:01 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Gliderguy2008
I NEED AN ATTORNEY!! The question is: If my bike is normal, what is wrong with all the other bikes that don't do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am sorry for the long post but, as you can probalby tell, I am almost out of options here. Thanks
Well, I am an attorney, but I only represent the government and cops, so I can't help. I will tell you that many states have "lemon laws" to fix problems exactly like this, but you can't wait around - in Kentucky I think our lemon law only goes 12 months or 12,000 miles (maybe even less), best I recall from getting a case many years ago where the guy waited a little too long. I don't know what state you're in, but find an attorney soon - all other things being equal, make it one in the same city as the dealer, rather than closer to you, so you don't get billed for time he may spend driving back and forth.

Quick Reply: I need a good attorney!!!