General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need a good attorney!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 11:04 PM
dano1200R
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And the moral of the story is always test ride before you decide.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:58 AM
GT_RoadGlide
Road Master

I looked at my 07 RG manual tonight and it sure looks like your problem could be a horizontally misaligned bike. The service manual devotes 6 pages to vehicle alignment, including tests and measurements. They even talk about having the wrong offset in wirewheels. Get the service manual, read it and ask some questions. If you are mechanically inclined you may wish to do some of the tests.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:28 AM
Roadjunkie1
Banned

Originally Posted by Gliderguy2008
I purchased a new 08 FXDC in May of this year. Immediately upon leaving the dealership with my new bike i could tell there was something wrong with it. The bike was tracking wierd down the road. I was having to push on the right handlebar really hard just to keep the bike going straight. just to see what would happen, I let go of the handlebars and the bike Immediately dove hard to the left. the next day after purchasing the bike I called my local dealer and told them what was going on. I brought the bike back to them within the week. At that time it had approx. 200 miles on it as I live about 40 miles from the dealer. The dealer checked it out and said everything was okay. Took the bike back home and immediately itreacted the same way. I called them back and they said to ride it till the 1000 mile service and they would look at it then. They did notice that the front fender was not straight so they ordered me a new one. At the 1000 mile service the mechanic notice that the front forks were not even. he straightened them out and magically the fender centered itself. Rear motor mount was loose also. I had told them to check the mounts because my wife said there was a terrible vibration in the rear of the bike. So, once they tightened the mount the vibration went away. But, again they could find nothing wrong with the bike that would cause a tracking issue and they insisted that they felt nothing was wrong.

Go to three of four different mechanics. Get written estimates (evaluation's) of the problems. Go back the original dealer on more time. Maybe go to one of their HOG meetings and declare your problem (beleive me this may work). If not satisfied, contact Better Business or the Dept of Consumer fraud or even MOCO directly. Keep yor cool, emotion only messes thing up in a situaiton like this.

Forget an attourney. They will only make a bad situation worse in an attempt to take your money or someone elses. There is nothing an atorney can do that you can't do your self.

Old 09-12-2008, 05:16 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadjunkie1
Go to three of four different mechanics. Get written estimates (evaluation's) of the problems. Go back the original dealer on more time. Maybe go to one of their HOG meetings and declare your problem (beleive me this may work). If not satisfied, contact Better Business or the Dept of Consumer fraud or even MOCO directly. Keep yor cool, emotion only messes thing up in a situaiton like this.

Forget an attourney. They will only make a bad situation worse in an attempt to take your money or someone elses. There is nothing an atorney can do that you can't do your self.
Great advice! If you have a problem, twiddle around with it until it's too late for an attorney to do anything, then think "hey, there must be a reason they go to college for 7 years and people pay them several hundred dollars an hour to fix their problems...maybe I need an attorney."

Old 09-13-2008, 01:12 AM
SoftailBrian
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

Maybe they're just telling you that's what MoCo is saying. I bet MoCo hasn't even been called.

Old 09-14-2008, 06:33 AM
Roadjunkie1
Banned

Originally Posted by brenn
Great advice! If you have a problem, twiddle around with it until it's too late for an attorney to do anything, then think "hey, there must be a reason they go to college for 7 years and people pay them several hundred dollars an hour to fix their problems...maybe I need an attorney."
LOL

Several hundred? Ever get a divorice?

SO, how long you been practicing?

Last edited by Roadjunkie1; 09-14-2008 at 10:08 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:06 PM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member
Received 158 Likes on 119 Posts

Gliderguy, what'd you decide to do?

Old 09-15-2008, 02:28 PM
iceman336
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.atg.wa.gov/LemonLaw/General.aspx

Vehicles NOT covered are: What is a "Lemon?"
Your vehicle may qualify as a "lemon" if it has one or more substantial defects that have been subject to a "reasonable number of attempts" to diagnose or repair the problem(s) under the manufacturer’s warranty.
A "reasonable number of attempts" has occurred when:
  1. Diagnosis or repair of the same "serious safety defect" has been attempted two or more times, and the defect continues to exist. At least one attempt must occur during the "warranty period" (see What is the Warranty Period?).
    • A "serious safety defect" is a life-threatening malfunction that impairs the driver’s ability to control or operate the vehicle, or creates a risk of fire or explosion; OR
  2. Diagnosis or repair of the same "nonconformity" has been attempted four or more times, and the defect continues to exist. At least one attempt must occur during the "warranty period" (see What is the Warranty Period? ).
    • A "nonconformity" is a defect that "substantially impairs" the use, value or safety of the motor vehicle so as to make the vehicle unreliable, unsafe or diminished in resale value for comparable vehicles; OR
  3. A vehicle has been out-of-service for diagnosis or repair of one or more nonconformities or serious safety defects (whether or not repaired) for a cumulative total of 30 or more calendar days, with at least 15 of those days occurring during the "warranty period."
Note: At the arbitration hearing, the arbitrator will ask you which of the above criteria applies to your vehicle. You can claim one or more of the criteria listed above as long as you can prove to the arbitrator that they apply to the defect(s) in your vehicle.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:34 PM
iceman336
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts