General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did *anyone* really fall in love with the Rocker?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 10:48 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Me personally I like it. But when I went to talk with the dealer earlier this year I started getting the horse S$%$# that business is booming and that is a real demand bike. Then I just look at them, like this is just a motorcycle not life or death. I go to another dealer to put money down on a 2009 Ultra Classic for after the New Year 2009 around 2nd quarter delivery. No hurry I just want to get in line. Dealer says great deal on a 2008 and will not take deposit on 2009 because they have demand and if I want a bike bad enough then they can get one no problem. No matter what, the Sales manager would not take a deposit. Both of these dealerships are in Orange County California.

Well they ought to realize that buyers have options just like the dealers. We can take our business else where. A lot of us can live with out HD it is possible. Me personally I went totally different and went Ducati 696 because I got impatient and tired of being jacked around by the Harley Dealerships.

Point of the rant. Bikes that are potential second bikes for alot of us should be presented to us like they want to sell it to us. Like they want our business. They already got us in the store because of the previous sales. Tens of thousands for some of us. At this point I am so discusted with their attitude I am really thinking about switching to a Gold Wing for my touring ride rather than be treated like a jack wazoo. And all this psycho bable about the HD has a sole is a bunch of C%$. I rather have my self respect than beg and put up the dealer BS.

Last edited by leicafish; 09-09-2008 at 10:52 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:17 PM
E.Richardson
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the look of them but I just didn't want to get one for one simple reason -- To me they're a fad. The fat tire, the 'chopped' look... I don't know I just kept thinking in the back of my head, "It looks so trendy" - I didn't want to be stuck with a bike 5 years from now that looks like an OCC/West Coast Choppers/Big Dog wanna be.

I know that might not make sense but it was the only thought that didn't put me on the bike for a test drive.

Old 09-09-2008, 11:24 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

Looks like it was beaten with an ugly stick.

Old 09-09-2008, 11:41 PM
dieselartie
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didnt like the look at first , but it grew on me over time . Not saying I would want one . But the first time I saw one on person I thought " it looked better then on paper "

Old 09-09-2008, 11:41 PM
E.Richardson
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tda69
Looks like it was beaten with an ugly stick.
tda, I need you to do me a favor. Please don't hold back what you really think. I kind of got where you were going but you just have a tendency to not speak your true feelings...

Old 09-10-2008, 12:12 AM
confederate
Most Wanted
Received 806 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by 1goindiesel
My dealer has at least six on their floor. Said not moving as well Moco probably thought they would. If I was in the market for a "custom" sort of HD it would almost certainly be the Nightster. Its just a cool little hot rod with resonable sticker price. I think I will have one in the not-too-distant future.
Get one! You'll love it! It is a cool little hot rod that is a blast to ride. People are always asking questions about mine. It's a great conversation starter, almost better than puppies!

Old 09-10-2008, 12:16 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Confederate, the Nighster is nice and all but I'd rather ask you about that woman in your sig pic.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:32 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 12,258 Likes on 4,784 Posts

Originally Posted by PigInaBlanket
No I don't.

Actually I thought it looked kinda cool on tv and pictures but when I saw it in person it looked about as cool as Rosie Odonnel in hell.
I think it would be Awesome to see Rosie Odonnel in Hell (Via a remote feed of course)

Old 09-10-2008, 02:05 AM
harleridr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A butt ugly bike, but Heartland really makes a silk purse out of a sowa ear with their conversion.
grump

Old 09-10-2008, 06:08 AM
Shakeydeal
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know there are a few Rocker owners around here so it's surprisng that not a single one of them came to defend their darling. I liked it when I first saw the ads, but a few times of seeing them in person left me cold. Especially the standard version with the powdercoat, looks like cheap plastic. As said earlier, to each his own........

Shakey

Quick Reply: Did *anyone* really fall in love with the Rocker?