General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did *anyone* really fall in love with the Rocker?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 05:41 PM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member
Received 158 Likes on 119 Posts

Demo'ed one at the 105th and it was a blast. For around town riding, it would be a lot of fun. Forget about taking it long distance.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Medicfrost
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It looked really cool when it was first introduced, but I was very dissappointed when I saw it in person. I wish they would have kept the Deuce. I loved the Crossbones however.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:56 PM
police stroker
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Easy way to find a use for the left over deuce tanks and front ends sitting in Harleys factory storage, but I do think they made it to pick up part of the custom chopper market customers. If it makes it who knows just not my cup of tea.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:32 PM
TerryFXST
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Horse
Don't like the Rocker one bit. The rear end just doesn't look right and the tank/frame angle looks under-designed with that funky rear end following it. Nah!

Now, the Crossbones is another thing. Love it.
I'm not a fan of the Rocker. I really like the way the Crossbones looks, but I found it to be very uncomfortable. If I were a gazillionare I would have one for bar hopping. Otherwise, I'm very happy with my Standard.

(Although, I could stand to put those Crossbones bars on my Standard.)

Old 09-09-2008, 08:59 PM
Fear Night
Tourer

Originally Posted by Geoff
Heartland's Rocker conversion kit eliminates the space between the seat and fender. This is the design Harley should have offered.

Looks 1000x better, I would totally "rock" that!

Old 09-09-2008, 09:21 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Yea that does look better, especially with none of that crappy looking grey powdercoat.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:44 PM
fastjoe
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

It's all an opinion thing. I don't think the Rocker is ugly, but it would be near the bottom of the list of models I would choose if I were looking for a new bike. I'm just not all the impressed with Harley's big "revolutionary" Rockertail design that I would run out and buy one. On the other hand there are people out there that think the Rocker is the best looking bike Harley makes. They own them and post regularly over in the Softail forum. I guess what I'm trying to say is Harley makes lots of different models for a reason. Different bikes appeal to different people.

Besides isn't the real question, Why would anyone buy one of those ugly *** VTX Hondas?

Old 09-09-2008, 10:11 PM
Mr Zip
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Medicfrost
It looked really cool when it was first introduced, but I was very dissappointed when I saw it in person. I wish they would have kept the Deuce. I loved the Crossbones however.
The crossbones, IMO NAILED the front end, and the bike looks like a good old school bobber till it hit the back fender. I'd love one, but if I did, id hook a chain to that rear fender, rip it off and start over. Put some old school tires on that, some bigger apes and thats a keeper. I love the look too

Old 09-09-2008, 10:18 PM
owleyes
Cruiser

I have seen quite a few of them on the roads around here, mostly woman riding them...not saying it is a woman's bike, just that it has been mostly women I have seen riding them. I think they look ok, but when I sat on one, I too felt the seat was something to be desired..

Old 09-09-2008, 10:32 PM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts
Question

One of the strangest builds harley has ever offered.
I saw a guy the other day on a brand new rocker with some kind of custom pipes with no mufflers. The thing was just backfiring all the way down the road. The rider had a full face helmet and was wearing some high water kaki pants with sneakers and no socks. I guess he thought he looked real cool on that custom rocker. WTF?

Quick Reply: Did *anyone* really fall in love with the Rocker?