General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did *anyone* really fall in love with the Rocker?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 09:51 AM
Nomad X
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope,looks like crap IMFUO.

Old 12-21-2008, 08:04 PM
scraps
Stage I

change is hard but this bike is like no other harley has made....unlike all the other bikes they have made.....

Old 12-23-2008, 09:04 AM
snuddenstang
Novice

I kind of like it but would rather have the Deuce back.

Old 07-18-2011, 01:55 PM
peterrabbit
Stage III

well, i looked and bought a rocker c. after test riding the rocker. i went home, got on the internet just to see if i could find another seat. the original seat "sucks". anyway located a "danny gray/weekday solo w/gel pad". perfect fit and really comfortable seat. love my rocker!! p.s. i also own a 2010 goldwing trike for the wife and me. HD should market the rocker as a solo bike and do away with the 2 up seat. somebody will get hurt on that seat.....nbl

Old 07-18-2011, 02:35 PM
LACOUNTRYHICK
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by peterrabbit
well, i looked and bought a rocker c. after test riding the rocker. i went home, got on the internet just to see if i could find another seat. the original seat "sucks". anyway located a "danny gray/weekday solo w/gel pad". perfect fit and really comfortable seat. love my rocker!! p.s. i also own a 2010 goldwing trike for the wife and me. HD should market the rocker as a solo bike and do away with the 2 up seat. somebody will get hurt on that seat.....nbl
HD will not be marketing the Rocker C anymore being that the 2011 is the last model year of production. To all that say the bike rode like crap, I have to disagree. I thought the bike handled really well and that huge 240 rear tire grabs and hugs the road. I guess I'm use to riding sport bikes however. The Rocker C is definately not for long hauls however, but I don't think that was its intended purpose anyway. Still love my bike though.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:51 PM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

before I even bought my first bike, I saw a Rocker at an HD dealership and thought it was awesome. Then I looked at the price tag and thought "are you f'ing KIDDING ME?!?!"

Never gave it a second thought after that, honestly.

Old 07-18-2011, 03:12 PM
Ed Vanharley
Road Captain

Harley Davidson took a chance and originally designed the Rocker for a very sensitive niche market. The Gay and Lesbian riders, but even they thought it was "Too Gay"

Disclaimer: Ed VanHarley and its affiliated companies are not responsible for the content of comments posted or for anything arising out of use of the comments Above or other interaction among the users. Ed reserves the right to screen, refuse to post, remove or edit content at any time and for any or no reason in our absolute and sole discretion without prior notice, although Ed has no duty to do so or to monitor any public forum. All comments posted do not reflect the views and opinions of the commentators and or EdVanhalen management and staff.

Last edited by Ed Vanharley; 07-18-2011 at 03:36 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:35 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yah, Harley found out they rode a model they already had in production. The RK.

Old 07-18-2011, 04:40 PM
Ed Vanharley
Road Captain

Ouch !
I took the tassels off too

Old 07-22-2011, 10:26 AM
Windeed
Tourer

The Rocker brought me into HD and I have no plans to sell it. Granted, even the Rocker C off the floor needed work and I spent the money to straighten it out but what I really like is that you never hardly see a Rocker. I just came from the HD Museum last nite where they introduced the new 2012 models. There were 100's of bikes there and I saw 2 Rockers. Not interested in riding a bike that I see constantly with the only difference being a few shiny peices. When I want the feel of riding a motorcycle with the wind in my face I take the Rocker. When I want a soft lazy ride I take my 2003 Heritage Springer. I plan to keep both and add to the stable over time.

Different strokes....

Quick Reply: Did *anyone* really fall in love with the Rocker?