General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did *anyone* really fall in love with the Rocker?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 11:13 PM
ranger56528
Extreme HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nope...Just a Bar hopper no real perpose for me being I live in the country and with the bad roads around here and my driving style the springer front end I would be replaceing neck Brg's every 3000 miles......

Old 11-19-2008, 11:25 PM
BCguy
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't like it at all. Looks 'unfinished'.

Old 11-20-2008, 01:02 AM
Blackbird
Extreme HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoff
Heartland's Rocker conversion kit eliminates the space between the seat and fender. This is the design Harley should have offered.

That's a big improvement.

Old 11-20-2008, 01:10 AM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,315 Likes on 1,030 Posts

^^^^Much better!

Old 11-20-2008, 08:36 PM
bigjames19
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My buddy has one and he's dumped over 10k into making it his and he still has not come to being completely satisfied, he is going to add a RKC to the stable because he is just not as happy with the rocker. Must be nice to have $ to let sit like that.

Old 11-25-2008, 05:16 AM
kiteman
Cruiser

Let's be honest guys! If you're over 45 then HD couldn't give a stuff what you think as you're mostly old farts who are too narrow-minded to open your minds to a newer bike style, the pro-street bike. Stick with your big chunky bikes fitted with ugly boxes and bags and let the younger guys enjoy the new world. Just 'cos YOU think they're uncomfortable doesn't mean that it's a fact of life for everyone else. Maybe you're just fat! I find mine more comfortable than my WideGlide and my missus agrees (with her accessory pillion setup).
Personally, I wouldn't be seen dead on an Ultra-Classic, they're old fart bikes! Like Gold Wings. As for those butt-ugly Road Glides/Street Glides I am amazed that they ever sold a single one of them!

Normally, I wouldn't bother to post something negative about other riders' machines but after 12 pages of knocking Rockers you can all go get stuffed! You DON'T have a monopoly on good taste! Get a life!!! You'll be in the grave when I'm still enjoying my Rocker!!

)))))))))

Old 11-25-2008, 05:50 AM
Gaffy52
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nope - hated it. Ugliest bike HD ever made IMHO!

Old 11-25-2008, 10:57 AM
mojo55
Advanced
Default Rocker

+1 kiteman

Old 11-25-2008, 11:05 AM
Medicfrost
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kiteman
Let's be honest guys! If you're over 45 then HD couldn't give a stuff what you think as you're mostly old farts who are too narrow-minded to open your minds to a newer bike style, the pro-street bike. Stick with your big chunky bikes fitted with ugly boxes and bags and let the younger guys enjoy the new world. Just 'cos YOU think they're uncomfortable doesn't mean that it's a fact of life for everyone else. Maybe you're just fat! I find mine more comfortable than my WideGlide and my missus agrees (with her accessory pillion setup).
Personally, I wouldn't be seen dead on an Ultra-Classic, they're old fart bikes! Like Gold Wings. As for those butt-ugly Road Glides/Street Glides I am amazed that they ever sold a single one of them!

Normally, I wouldn't bother to post something negative about other riders' machines but after 12 pages of knocking Rockers you can all go get stuffed! You DON'T have a monopoly on good taste! Get a life!!! You'll be in the grave when I'm still enjoying my Rocker!!

)))))))))
So are you saying that it's because people older than you they hate the Rocker, because you may have missed this post:

Originally Posted by hdfxcw
Got to love the Rocker - it's a sweet ride and I'm 54 years old. I put over 10,000 miles on mine this summer.
There's no need to make personal attacks against people because they don't like your model bike. I saw an old, fat person on the one Rocker that showed up for Biketoberfest, and he seemed happy, and also saw over a hundred young, skinny guys and gals on Ultra Classics and Road Glides.

Last edited by Medicfrost; 11-25-2008 at 11:16 AM.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:40 AM
Joe Diver
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Medicfrost
There's no need to make personal attacks against people because they don't like your model bike.
You just attacked the whole forum? Wow.....impressive meltdown dude....

(Not you Medicfrost....kiteman)

Quick Reply: Did *anyone* really fall in love with the Rocker?