General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did *anyone* really fall in love with the Rocker?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 02:04 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I got to be honest with you, i don't understand all the fuzz about the seat being uncomfortable. yes, it's uncomfortable but it's nothing that a new seat wouldn't change. there are plenty of options out there Heartland, Danny Gray....jus to name two.

I think the rocker is an awesome bike. I'm 29 and was always turned off by the look of Harleys before the Rocker came out. I didn't want a bike that looked like it was from the 50s. The rocker did for me exactly what Harley Davidson was trying to do...atract/get the interest of the younger crowd. I spent the money for one and it's the best money i've spent on myself ever.

One other point, we all know too well that none of us are totally happy when we get a bike, we always look to do mods and add things to it. A rocker is no different, that is 50% of the fun and the pride in owning a motorcycle.....MAKING IT YOUR OWN.

The rocker is one of the best ideas HD has had in a long time.

Attached Thumbnails Did *anyone* really fall in love with the Rocker?-bad-ass.jpg   Did *anyone* really fall in love with the Rocker?-img_1362.jpg   Did *anyone* really fall in love with the Rocker?-new-set-up-7.jpg  
Old 11-19-2008, 07:30 AM
HogBack
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by midlife rider
Apparently H-D is betting on selling a bunch of them, the showrooms around Charlotte have plenty of the '09 Rockers but not much else. Very uncomfortable bikes...

They are still on the show room floor for a reason.... Each to his or her own, ride one and ride the other models...

Old 11-19-2008, 10:08 AM
bigstevex4
Tourer

I think they hurl. but i also think about 90% of those custom choppers do also. to each his own.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:27 AM
celticgent
Road Master

Originally Posted by guitarman777
I stopped by my local stealership the other day to see some of the 09's (the VROD Muscle in particular, hasn't arrived yet), and I noticed something out of place. Went and took a closer look, and it was a Rocker. Now I gotta say, I really liked it at first, thought it was a really cool & unique design, but dang if it's not a superfluously ugly ride. It seriously looks like someone took a full-size chopper and put it through the wash. The Rocker C is certainly better-looking, the powder coating on the standard looks like plastic, but then again it's still probably the most uncomfortable bike I've ever sat on. Just my $.02.

Did anyone around here buy one and keep it?
no.

i didn't like it from the get-go.

Old 11-19-2008, 02:59 PM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member
Received 158 Likes on 119 Posts

I demo'ed one at the 105th in Milwaukee and it was a blast. Don't know how much fun it would be on a 450 mile day....

Old 11-19-2008, 03:37 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 668 Likes on 414 Posts

The Rocker is okay to look at but I wouldn't own one. I just don't like the space between the seat and fender, especially on the C model.

Old 11-19-2008, 03:46 PM
swordy
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoff
The Rocker is okay to look at but I wouldn't own one. I just don't like the space between the seat and fender, especially on the C model.
i saw a 09 cvo springer 2day, the rear mudguard & seat unit off it would fit a rocker! i think! its a much better lookin bit of kit

Old 11-19-2008, 06:56 PM
burg54
Cruiser
Default love it

I have always loved Harley's...regardless of which model, because you could tell the owner loved the bike and the ride! I have tried a lot of rides over the years and just traded in my '05 FXSTI that I had a blast on for an '08 Rocker. I love it! ...and like any other ride I have owned, it's time to start mods!! At 6'6" tall and 270 lbs., I no longer look like I am riding some in-line skate (240mm for the 150mm) and the 96" pulls my big a$$ around a lot better than that 88" did. I agree with your statements..."to each his own"... and I do love this one! BTW...the wife likes not setting on the fender anymore and says it's way more comfortable...

Attached Thumbnails Did *anyone* really fall in love with the Rocker?-veterans-day-parade-008.jpg  
Old 11-19-2008, 07:14 PM
1Coastie
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont like it.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:55 PM
jwlehman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wouldn't want it as my first bike, but would definitely like one as my second.

Quick Reply: Did *anyone* really fall in love with the Rocker?