General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's in your wallet, i mean Saddlebag?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 04:44 AM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HDFanatic
Oh good..........another "whats in your saddlebag" thread. Try this, carry whatever you want in them. And.....don't care what anyone else thinks. This whole country is turning into a bunch of people that can't seem to think for themselves.

Really I didn't take it like that. The HD forum is a place where people can check in and hope to obtain or share information. And because of the rotation of personel over time subjects will rotate through again.

Other then a can of fix a flat, quart of oil, mini mag flashlite, clean rag and a basic tool set I found on my first 1500+ mile trip on a recent 25 year upgrade in motorcycle technology thats all I needed. Prior to this I rode a 1963 FL and 1983 FL and carried everything but the kitchen sink (bag of nuts and bolts,exhaust gaskets, bailing wire,P/C,extra bulbs,spare fuel line,spark plugs,etc...). I believe the technology today to be really good but when its broke its broke. As luck would have it I fried a stator on the Canadian border and it was flat bed city once it was determined it was the charging system. I guess more then a well stocked saddle bag, having a good road side service is in order.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:28 AM
Sandcrab
Stellar HDF Member
Received 391 Likes on 231 Posts
Default Saddlebag Stuff

LH: Sharp hunting knife, 1st aid kit, spare parts (fuses, hd lite bulb, tail lite bulb, turn signal bulb, spark plugs, plastic kickstand support for use on grass), plastic tie straps, M/C registration/insurance card and 20' parachute cord. Tools: phillips & straight slot screwdriver, 3 sizes allen wrenches and a spark plug wrench.

RH: Water with foam cool cup, sunscreen, ear plugs, sun-glasses & cleaning kit, ball cap, soft cleaning rag and my depends. Depending on the weather, I take or leave room for appropriate clothing. (If rain is forecasted, rain gear. If cold in AM but hot in afternoon, I leave room for my jacket or vest.)

The left side is my utility side and the right side is my functional side. When I stop, the right side is higer and more accessable than the left.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:44 AM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

really what ever you might think you need.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:30 AM
l.ray
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now, that should fill up your Bags! Welcome to the Ride, Be Safe! l.ray

Old 09-09-2008, 08:59 AM
Gaffy52
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I feel a bit left out of this one - can I tell what I carry in my tool roll? OK - my disc lock and that's it - oh and maybe a pair of clear glasses in case I get caught out at night and can't see with my dark glasses - oh and a rag just in case of something!

Old 09-09-2008, 09:59 AM
Mark g
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by girlster8015
Lipstick, lipgloss, sunscreen, ponytail holders, comb, vibrator, lube hehehe LOL and wrench, multi screwdriver, chaps, water
A vibrator and lube! Ya just had to go a F*** with us didn't ya.LOL

If ya need one of them ,You ain't ridin in the right places!

Old 09-09-2008, 02:34 PM
Joe Diver
Road Master

Normal Riding:

Left - toolbag, oil, rags, extra belt, spark plug, Liquid Glass, microfiber towel.
Right - Jacket, emergency dry clothes, rain gear.

Travel Riding:

Left - same
Right - camping gear, tent, lantern, stove, etc plus some dried foods. Stuff sized for hikers and backpacks, so it's small and lightweight.
Tour Pack - (large one from Leatherup) Clothes, toiletries, smokes, etc.
Sleeping bag, mat and pillow on passenger pillion bungied to sissy bar.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:54 AM
SoftailBrian
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by edilgdaor
See, if you didn't have finger-less gloves, you wouldn't have to worry about the middle-finger falling out of your gloves and you'd have WAY more room in your saddlebags.

And how do you show the finger if you have to stop and get it out of your saddlebags, anyway ?
Does it count if you wear full fingered gloves under the fingerless?

And I stop and get it out of the saddlebag! DUH!

Old 09-10-2008, 03:36 AM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

or get a set with hinged fingers gloves so you have options, options are a beautiful thing.

Old 09-10-2008, 07:45 AM
Joe Diver
Road Master

Originally Posted by badinfluence63
or get a set with hinged fingers gloves so you have options, options are a beautiful thing.
How about little tiny zippers so you can zip the fingers off/on?

Quick Reply: What's in your wallet, i mean Saddlebag?