General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I borrow your bike?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008 | 09:40 AM
BarneyMN
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1996 Fatboy with 43K...one A$$, MINE! LOL

Old 09-08-2008 | 09:41 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd trailer it there in a heartbeat. Don't like it, look the other way, until the Ol' Grey Fart has it unloaded, and then starts kicking it.
I'd loan you a trailer in a heartbeat, so you could get it there.
I've had guys I know ask to ride Da Cap'n. No prob.
1. They don't know how to kick start
2. The shifter is reversed, 1 up, 3 dn., so they always kill it, in 2nd.
"Uh, if you can't keep it going after "I" had to kick it for you, forget it."

In 40+ yrs, have never asked to borrow anyone's scoot. Have had tons of offers to use someone's, and have, and appreciated it.
I've loaned mine out, too. Specially for something like this. They are just metal with some paint splattered on em. As long as they made it right with me if something happened, go 4 it.
I do ride bunches of ppl's scoots every year, test rides after wrenching on 'em. Anybody have the 05 CVO Screamin' Eagle Bagger in yellow(GOTTA be yellow) that needs the brake pads changed, tire installed? Oh BTW, the test rides are from here to Duluth/Lake Superior and back. ('bout 165) Coffee run!!!

Old 09-08-2008 | 10:11 AM
SoftTailTim71
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

True story, I went with my 2 buddies for a ride last year, they swiched bikes. The dude who was used to his old (drum type rear brake) bike, pressed the rear brake in a curve on my buddies brand new scoot with disk brakes front & back. He locked up the rear wheel.

The new scoot was in a corn field before he made it outta the turn.

Old 09-08-2008 | 10:12 AM
PastorTom
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Da Gumpmeister
In 40+ yrs, have never asked to borrow anyone's scoot. Have had tons of offers to use someone's, and have, and appreciated it.
I've loaned mine out, too. Specially for something like this. They are just metal with some paint splattered on em. As long as they made it right with me if something happened, go 4 it.
I do ride bunches of ppl's scoots every year, test rides after wrenching on 'em. Anybody have the 05 CVO Screamin' Eagle Bagger in yellow(GOTTA be yellow) that needs the brake pads changed, tire installed? Oh BTW, the test rides are from here to Duluth/Lake Superior and back. ('bout 165) Coffee run!!!
+1
I ride every customers bike I wrench on as well..
Gumby shows up here without a scooter.. I would toss him my keys without thinkin twice,,

Old 09-08-2008 | 11:23 AM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Slacker8
Going to be in Knoxville all week working. It's a shame I'm going to be so close to the Dragon and won't be able to ride it. I can't get all my necessary equipment on the bike to properly perform my job so the bike has to stay home. So, can I borrow a bike for an afternoon? Just kidding I wouldn't lend my bike to anyone and wouldn't expect anyone to lend me theirs. Ohh and renting one is out of the question - can't afford it. So can someone go take a spin on it for me since I can't?
I guess that leaves mine out, I was gonna say yes, if you made a payment on it, but if you can't afford to rent one then you sure as heck can't pay my payment.

Old 09-08-2008 | 11:30 AM
mjunk1
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

I gladly loan out my Honda now that I have my HD

I keep thinking someone I'm loanin to will buy the thing! Too lazy to put it up on ebay.

I'm with Grump though - my boys have taught me the valuable lesson that everything can (and usually will) get broken so hanging on too tightly to anything is a waste of time. Only things that can't break are the things you can't actually hold (trust, honor, will, etc.)

Old 09-08-2008 | 11:38 AM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Why not rent a bike at Smokey Mountain Harley in Maryville?

Old 09-08-2008 | 11:48 AM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PastorTom
+1
Gumby shows up here without a scooter.. I would toss him my keys without thinkin twice,,
+2 - That goes for Tom as well...or both but one of them will look funny riding the wifes lowered Deluxe.....

Old 09-08-2008 | 11:55 AM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by PastorTom
+1
You or Gumby or some others on here could use one of my scoots if you visit S. Oregon. A spin through the Redwoods to the coast or a ride up to Crater Lake?

I have several friends where we trade bikes sometimes. Hey, it's all just stuff.

Old 09-08-2008 | 12:00 PM
PastorTom
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadKingRon1
+2 - That goes for Tom as well...or both but one of them will look funny riding the wifes lowered Deluxe.....
The 1st bike I bought for Mama when I taught her to ride was an 883 Sporty.. After a year of riding that she started riding my custom and hated her Sporty.. Before we sold it and bought her RoadKing I used to trade with her and I would ride the Sporty and she would ride my custom.. Was quite the Scene to behold.. LOL
Ya get to a point in life where ya simply cannot be embarrased..Been there a loooong time..

Quick Reply: Can I borrow your bike?