General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One charge dropped in Stugis bar fight

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 06:35 AM
rudeboy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedsterX
You know, it's funny. I arrested this woman today for shoplifting and as I was putting handcuffs on her, she said to me, "Please! Don't do this to me!"

What?!

I said to her, "I'm NOT doing anything to you. You did it to yourself and I'm just doing my job!"

She just couldn't understand that. I'm the bad guy because I was making her pay for her crimes. Hmmm,,,,
I fail to see the connection. What does arresting someone for shoplifting while you where on duty have to do with an off duty cop killing someone in a bar fight?

Old 09-07-2008, 08:21 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by rudeboy
I fail to see the connection. What does arresting someone for shoplifting while you where on duty have to do with an off duty cop killing someone in a bar fight?
First of all, no one was killed in this particular barfight. I think he's trying to say, as I have said, that the responsibility for the particular incident, a good portion of it anyway, lies with the HA. HE started it. Were it not for HIS actyions, none of this would have happened.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:34 AM
rudeboy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand people being responsible for their actions and the consequences that may be involved. I wasn't there and don't know who started what...but leaving out both parties affiliations, an on duty officer doing his job is different than being involved in a bar fight that results in a shooting. I don't really care about their affiliations, I don't think it has any bearing on the situation. Cop or no cop, HA or SoS, what difference does that make. A fight ending in a shooting...get to the bottom of that.

So, was anyone actually there?

Old 09-07-2008, 09:18 AM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wish someone would address why the IP (and others of their ilk) feel the need to dress up like 1%ers to enjoy motorcycling. Why do they feel the need to fly a 3 piece patch if they're not looking for trouble? It seems to me that if you dress up like football player and walk into a game, you shouldn't be surprised when you get tackled by the other team. (Unless it's a Rams game, of course...)

Old 09-07-2008, 09:20 AM
sldavis
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ironhand
Everyone defending the cop is saying the HA was trying to kill him....OH???? where does anyone read that in any story..if that was the case where is the murder charge against him?
A choke hold CAN kill but who is to say the HA was going that far? was anyone there hearing him saying he was going to kill the LEO?
those that blindly support the LEO are as bad as those blindly defending the HA
Whatever happens is what happens Either evidence is tampered with to clear the LEO altho how can they hide the .08 BAC?.or he is found guilty as will the HA
if you are telling me that in a bar fight when i'm drunk(.08) and all of a sudden i fear for my life i can kill the attacker? or is that just the right of a LEO?

Look people, it ain't rocket science. Fair fist fights (how elementary school is that term anyway) are no longer fair fist fights when someone escalates it by using a choke hold, picking up a pool cue, etc. If (and we weren't there) , as reported, the HA started choking the IP, then HE escalated it to a deadly force situation. Unfortunately for him, he escalated it with someone who had the means on hand to return the favor. Can you kill someone in a bar fight because you are afraid of them, no, can you kill them because they are choking you....most definitely yes. Choke holds kill very quickly if the person using it knows what he is doing. All the other nonsense about whether cops should wear 3 piece patches, should have gone into a bar, what was everyone else doing, why were no other HA's charged (like they are going to hang around) etc is pure white noise.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:24 AM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

There isn't any such thing as a fair fight when dealing with the MC 1% code. If one is an a fight, they are obligated to all join in. Never have understood that.

Old 09-07-2008, 12:12 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by MNPGRider
There isn't any such thing as a fair fight when dealing with the MC 1% code. If one is an a fight, they are obligated to all join in. Never have understood that.
EXACTLY. Everyone likes to talk about the cop not fighting fair (for using a weapon to save his own life)...when was the last time a 1%'er fought fair? For crying out loud, they pride themselves on group beatings. While I'm sure many 1%'ers are tough SOB's, I'm equally as sure that there considerably less tough in a 1 on 1. We'll never know though, they don't play like that.

Old 09-07-2008, 02:03 PM
coltsfan
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by sldavis
Look people, it ain't rocket science. Fair fist fights (how elementary school is that term anyway) are no longer fair fist fights when someone escalates it by using a choke hold, picking up a pool cue, etc. If (and we weren't there) , as reported, the HA started choking the IP, then HE escalated it to a deadly force situation. Unfortunately for him, he escalated it with someone who had the means on hand to return the favor. Can you kill someone in a bar fight because you are afraid of them, no, can you kill them because they are choking you....most definitely yes. Choke holds kill very quickly if the person using it knows what he is doing. All the other nonsense about whether cops should wear 3 piece patches, should have gone into a bar, what was everyone else doing, why were no other HA's charged (like they are going to hang around) etc is pure white noise.
What a joke! choke holds have not been official police policy to subdue someone for what, a decade now? If you become involved in a fistfight you are wrong to escalate it into a shooting. Period. Grow some nuts. And they are only charged with Illegall carrying a concealed weapon anyway.

Old 09-07-2008, 02:10 PM
Ironhand
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

your right it isnt rocket science
As for the facts ONE HA is facing charges
FIVE LEO's are facing charges
The shooter blew a .08 (guns and drinking)
Far to many are giving "the Thin Blue Line" to much credence
Most of you are trying to give the IP's and LEO's far to much leeway
I would think(but what do I know) that the LEO's here would be appalled at the IP's
actions....but all i hear is.....he was in the right..give me a break
those that arnt LEO backers will look at this and figure the LEO did a white wash....and they may be doing so......
I am one that is sure the real truth will never come out anyway

Old 09-07-2008, 02:13 PM
max56
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

Deadly force is justified to stop the threat if great bodily injury or death is eminent...period. Would you allow yourself to be beat to death if you had a gun?

Quick Reply: One charge dropped in Stugis bar fight