General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One charge dropped in Stugis bar fight

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 03:02 PM
wafu321
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
No matter what happens, there's going to be those among us here that won't accept it. If the LEO gets off, it'll be BECAUSE he's an LEO and part of the corrupt justice system and that the HA got screwed.
+1 for me

Old 09-06-2008, 03:05 PM
Spider51
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are sure a lot of back seat quarterbacks throwing their two cents worth in to this thread. How many of you were there and witnessed the whole altercation? As an LEO I'll be the first to say that alcohol and guns don't mix. They maybe should have left their guns in the saddlebags. I personally never travel without my gun. But I am very careful where I pack it. Don't be so quick to judge. Put yourself in this officer's shoes. For those of you who hate LEO's, I bet you would be the first to scream for help when the s..t hits the propeller.

Old 09-06-2008, 03:21 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I don't 'hate LEO's', and even though we might not run in the same social circles I know many of them on a first name basis, and if we meet up somewhere we'll shoot the ****, have a cup of coffee, or whatever.

They have a job to do just like everyone else, and some are good and some are bad, just like people from any profession.

Even so, I never have or never will "call the police" to resolve any personal problem I might have, no matter what the situation.

Many people still believe in handling problems themselves, being self sufficient, and don't need or require the 'outside help'...

Just sayin'.....

Old 09-06-2008, 03:42 PM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Spider51
How many of you were there and witnessed the whole altercation?
And I guess that you were right there in the middle of all of it. Wasn't you?

Old 09-06-2008, 03:52 PM
RIDEIRISH
Tourer

Originally Posted by OldFenderGuy
After reading this entire thread I've come to the only logical conclusion;

When someone attacks you with their fists the best solution is to just pull out your gun and try to kill them.

I know you're only kidding..at least I want to give you that benefit of doubt...

First of...there is now such thing as a fair fight. This ain't the 9th grade and you ain't meeting ol' Jimmy Jerkoff out behind the school at 3pm....Hopefully, I know I do, you can only carry yourself in a such a way as to not get into "fights"...but you train and work hard in the gym and on the mats, so when that day does come that you're "in a fight", you walk away with your life and body intact...If I lose a fight or any cop for that matter, loose's a fight, he or I would usually wind up dead....I, along with my co-workers fight to win and live. That's it....As a copper I'm allowed by law to meet a level of force with the same level or one level higher then what's being used. I'm paid to win. A rear naked choke is considered deadly physical force. The copper responded with appropriate force.

Hypothetically, if I'm a thug and I'm on top of you in a fight, about ready to punch your ticket for the final time, go ahead and do what you can to keep it "fair" and you'll wake up at your funeral....jus' sayin'.....

Whether you agree or not with coppers wearing patches, whether you agree or not if he should've been where he was....It is what it is....a guy defended himself lawfully agianst another man who was attacking him and trying to kill him. That's it. Really that all it is. I would think that the basics of the story would be very understandable in a forum such as this one, bikers, weapons enthusiasts, civil rights advocates, freedom loving, patriotic , men's men, independant, self sufficient kinda guys...Stop turing it into something that it's not.

Have good day everyone...Enjoy the weekend and rack up those miles...

Old 09-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Born2Glide
Road Master

Originally Posted by OldFenderGuy
I don't 'hate LEO's', and even though we might not run in the same social circles I know many of them on a first name basis, and if we meet up somewhere we'll shoot the ****, have a cup of coffee, or whatever.

They have a job to do just like everyone else, and some are good and some are bad, just like people from any profession.

Even so, I never have or never will "call the police" to resolve any personal problem I might have, no matter what the situation.

Many people still believe in handling problems themselves, being self sufficient, and don't need or require the 'outside help'...

Just sayin'.....
Boy...what a guy, do you do your own accident reports as well, how about if your house got burglarized I suppose you would just try to find the guys yourself even though your **** could turn up somewhere, but of course no one would know who's **** it was because you did not involve LE.

I'm not just trying to be an *** about this, but it bugs me when people discount the good that LE does. It's cool if you have never needed to involve them before but there may come a day when they help save your life or protect your family.

Just sayin'.....

Old 09-06-2008, 05:45 PM
fabricatorfbf
Banned
Exclamation

Our judicial system is rigged by money and greed you all know it. Hell majority rules right. Its all a popularity contest . What if the shoe was on the other foot and leo started the fight, everyone seen it and the ha pulled out gun and shot the cop? some kind of penalty for a carry permit or something would be handed down with jail time. Or is it ok in self defense. What now? Again I dont care either way but think about it,

Old 09-06-2008, 05:54 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by fabricatorfbf
What if the shoe was on the other foot and leo started the fight, everyone seen it and the ha pulled out gun and shot the cop? some kind of penalty for a carry permit or something would be handed down with jail time. Or is it ok in self defense. What now? Again I dont care either way but think about it,
On the other hand if the HA had a job he wouldn't lose it because he did something illegal. The cop will.

Old 09-06-2008, 06:36 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

[QUOTE=OldFenderGuy;3835360]I don't 'hate LEO's', and even though we might not run in the same social circles I know many of them on a first name basis, and if we meet up somewhere we'll shoot the ****, have a cup of coffee, or whatever.

Just sayin'.....

Sorry but I gotta call BS on this one, OldFenderGuy. You expect me to believe that if you come out of a mall and your vehicle has been stolen or you come home from vacation and your house has been burglarized that you will not call the police? The only reason that I would believe that is if I believed that you are one dumb motherfu**er. Just sayin'.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:44 PM
Ironhand
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Everyone defending the cop is saying the HA was trying to kill him....OH???? where does anyone read that in any story..if that was the case where is the murder charge against him?
A choke hold CAN kill but who is to say the HA was going that far? was anyone there hearing him saying he was going to kill the LEO?
those that blindly support the LEO are as bad as those blindly defending the HA
Whatever happens is what happens Either evidence is tampered with to clear the LEO altho how can they hide the .08 BAC?.or he is found guilty as will the HA
if you are telling me that in a bar fight when i'm drunk(.08) and all of a sudden i fear for my life i can kill the attacker? or is that just the right of a LEO?

Quick Reply: One charge dropped in Stugis bar fight