General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One charge dropped in Stugis bar fight

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 10:15 PM
coltsfan
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
No matter what happens, there's going to be those among us here that won't accept it. If the LEO gets off, it'll be BECAUSE he's an LEO and part of the corrupt justice system and that the HA got screwed.

Kind of funny how there's been 4 or 5 threads on this issue, and only one about the HA president in SF getting murdered. Just shows how much LEOs are despised here.
1%ers have been shooting each other for 50 or 60 years now, but a LEO bike club getting into barroom brawls and shooting their way out of it is kinda new, wouldn't you say?

Old 09-05-2008, 11:11 PM
fabricatorfbf
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile shooting

In the "real world" in my mind there is no such thing as fair. Its who survives the situation. I am not in favor of either side. However a known fact is that leo officers should not be carrying off duty while in bar. Second the guy beating him didnt do a good enough job he should have killed em before he got a shot off. As for the civilized community those of you who sue or press charges only do so because you cant win physically. In the end no one gets out alive we all die. I'm living for the moment and if by some chance this world ever comes down to survival of the fit you all are in some ****.

Old 09-06-2008, 12:19 AM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Exclamation

I have kept up with the story so far, and from what I have read (and remember) there were four LEO's charged in the fight, and how many HA's? one. It would appear to me that it happened just like the show on the TV show COPS, all of them went after one guy. In my option, when this one guy kicked their a$$ one of the LEO's shot him. I dunno, looks to me like the HA was out numbered. If I am wrong someone please correct me.

Old 09-06-2008, 12:32 AM
hardpill
Cruiser

Is this thread gonna go for 20 pages too? It's pretty funny watchin the cops defend the pigs and the many supporters defend the HA member. Truth be told one smells and the other stinks. I'm sure with all the interest hollywood will give us one of those made for tv movies, or a documentary at least.

Old 09-06-2008, 12:40 AM
shooter537
Cruiser

Originally Posted by dope_man_21
I have kept up with the story so far, and from what I have read (and remember) there were four LEO's charged in the fight, and how many HA's? one. It would appear to me that it happened just like the show on the TV show COPS, all of them went after one guy. In my option, when this one guy kicked their a$$ one of the LEO's shot him. I dunno, looks to me like the HA was out numbered. If I am wrong someone please correct me.
I have refrained from speaking specifically about the bar room fight, but your post has casued me to speak out against my better judgement. However, your post will be taken as gospel by some and it will spread around this board as absolute fact and do nothing but fuel the fire in a negative way. There were five LEO' sitting at a table at the front of the bar. There were as many as 8 HA's in a different area of the bar at the time. They, the 8 or so HA's called for "back up" (as they seemingly always do). When additional HA's started entering the bar and standing in front of the entrances/exits to the bar, management sensed that something was wrong and called the Meade County Sheriff's department. Before Law Enforcemnt entered the bar, a fight near the restrooms between Smith and the HA occurred. The assault indictments were handed down against TWO combatants! Again I say that the assault indictments were against TWO combatants!!!!!!Smith and the HA. The others were indicted for weapons related offenses. Absolutely nothing to do with the fight. I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but I see the weapons charges being dropped and the bar video showing in favor of the LEO's. Sorry.

This is exactly how all of this crap gets spread across the internet. Everybody wants to listen to a story and then add their own opinions and it gets blown totally out of purportion!

Old 09-06-2008, 12:51 AM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by shooter537
I have refrained from speaking specifically about the bar room fight, but your post has casued me to speak out against my better judgement. However, your post will be taken as gospel by some and it will spread around this board as absolute fact and do nothing but fuel the fire in a negative way. There were five LEO' sitting at a table at the front of the bar. There were as many as 8 HA's in a different area of the bar at the time. They, the 8 or so HA's called for "back up" (as they seemingly always do). When additional HA's started entering the bar and standing in front of the entrances/exits to the bar, management sensed that something was wrong and called the Meade County Sheriff's department. Before Law Enforcemnt entered the bar, a fight near the restrooms between Smith and the HA occurred. The assault indictments were handed down against TWO combatants! Again I say that the assault indictments were against TWO combatants!!!!!!Smith and the HA. The others were indicted for weapons related offenses. Absolutely nothing to do with the fight. I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but I see the weapons charges being dropped and the bar video showing in favor of the LEO's. Sorry.

This is exactly how all of this crap gets spread across the internet. Everybody wants to listen to a story and then add their own opinions and it gets blown totally out of purportion!
And from what I posted was "from what I had read, (and remembered) their were 4 LEO's and 1 HA charged". I did not remember the exact charges. but even if what you say is true about it being one on one, why was the HA shot? what give the LEO the right to shot him? what give the LEO the right to carry a loaded weapon into an establishment that sold alcohol for consumption on premises? In my option everyone should check their weapons at the door.

Old 09-06-2008, 01:15 AM
shooter537
Cruiser

And from what I posted was "from what I had read, (and remembered) their were 4 LEO's and 1 HA charged". I did not remember the exact charges. but even if what you say is true about it being one on one, why was the HA shot? what give the LEO the right to shot him? what give the LEO the right to carry a loaded weapon into an establishment that sold alcohol for consumption on premises? In my option everyone should check their weapons at the door.
Hey man. I give up! I quit you guys win. I'll enjoy the board on other threads! Peace out, remember Live and let live!

Old 09-06-2008, 01:45 AM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member

I never said that you should give up, I am just looking at it through the eyes that john Q. Public would, or has. My concern is this, if we allow even off duty LEO's to pack heat in a bar whats to say this kind of situation will not happen again? out of everyone charged that night, how many were LEO's, and how many were Hells Angels? I am not saying that either side was right or wrong, but it looks funny when the LEO's are the ones busted on weapons charges and the HA's were not. Did the HA's hide their weapons? I would of really expected this to go the other way with the LEO being the one that was shot. I can remember back to the days that the HA's were always in the news. I expected them to be the bad guys in this one, but from what I have read (and not saying that the HA's were in the right) but the LEO's present that day just made a bad situation worse by bringing guns into the bar. As a private citizen I have a concealed weapons permit, and there are some stipulations as to where it can not be carried, weather these LEO's were carrying because or department rules or just because they felt the need to still has to be a bad decision to enter a bar carrying a firearm. with the amount of people present at this rally who is to say that a innocent bystander would not of been hit by anyone discharging a firearm. in my option even if the one carrying the firearm was GOD he too would of been in the wrong!

Old 09-06-2008, 06:58 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 353 Posts

You HAVE or HAVEN'T been keeping up with the story? Obviously, you haven't.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:08 AM
Solitaree1
Road Master

Originally Posted by intempestivus
Thanks for the info. Hopefully this thread will stick to information instead of turning into a flameoff like the other one on this subject. People who buy into sensational news stories and conclude that all cops are bad, all white people are racist, all black people can dunk, etc. are the same people who don't have enough education to realize the lottery is a tax on the stupid.

He wasn't bad, (maybe) but he surely used poor judgement.

Quick Reply: One charge dropped in Stugis bar fight